• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

40X stock question

M1Tanker

Private
Minuteman
Mar 5, 2007
Rigby, ID
I just picked up a Remington 40X. I am wondering if it shares the the same action footprint as the short action 700. I really like the B&C "Light Tactical" and would love to drop the 40X barreled action into the stock to use as a "mini me" trainer to my custom 308 in a McMillan A5. I realize the bottom metal and mag well would not work with the 40X but i could easily fill that in and repaint the stock to match my A5.

If anyone has any knowledge of the 40X action footprint I would appreciate hearing from you.

Re: 40X stock question

It's the same footprint as th SA 700

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DFOOSKING</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There ain't nothin' mini about a 40X....good bet is it weights more than your 700.
wink.gif

And you don't have to fill anything...just chop the mag down for clearance. </div></div>

Thanks for the help and clarification. Now I can work on finding a good deal on the HS stock.

By "mini" version I meant in reference of caliber compared to my 308. I have always wanted a full size rimfire trainer version of my 308 and the 40X is going to be perfect.

Yup same footprint as a 700.
I dropped my 40X into a mcm A1-3 and slapped a badger m4 bottom metal on it w/o mag box and follower. Fit like a charm.

Good luck with ur build.

AS

The standard barrel 40X should just be a drop in. The heavy barrel version will need some work.

100_0533.jpg

Marksman,
Oh that is really nice!!!! That is exactly what I am going for. Thanks for sharing the photo. In the HS it wont be quite the same as my A5 but I really like the looks and feel of the HS and it will be a perfect match for my 40X.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Marksman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The standard barrel 40X should just be a drop in. The heavy barrel version will need some work.

100_0533.jpg
</div></div>

The rifle on the top is a 40-XB heavy barrel in a McMillan 40-X Improved stock that is inlet for a centerfire ADL magazine. The rifle on the bottom is a factory 40-XR I got from the CMP.

cmp40x.jpg