• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

40x trigger?

Ruslow

Private
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2017
AR
have a 40x that has been converted to mag feed. and looking for a trigger or be able to adjust this one down to what my match rifle is. Can i just get a 700 trigger and use or is the RF diferent? thanks Stan

price. looking to get down to 1.75 which is what the comp rig is.

yes has the orignal trigger and bolt. tried adjusting it and it is a light as it gets at 2.5lbs. want soething liter. Stan

Do you have a
40x ,,,,one tension adjustment screw in front of the trigger with the ball on top of the pointed screw
or 40xb trigger , tension adjustment screw in front of the trigger and another in the trigger , easier to adjust and can adjust lower usually
I have changed out the springs in both and lowered the trigger pull substantially and safely
You can buy spring kits

have a 40x that has been converted to mag feed. and looking for a trigger or be able to adjust this one down to what my match rifle is. Can i just get a 700 trigger and use or is the RF diferent? thanks Stan
Stan, I believe I have a couple triggers left over from my 40X days. I won’t be able to look for them for about a week, but will reach out when I do.

MB

where are the kits avail. I will say this those. I can adjust screws and feel pretty safe about that. but to start changing springs and risk the safty of myself as well as other at the range. i will think long on that. AS for MB I appreciate the offer but it does have a 40x in it screw is infront of the trigger. .Just would prefer to replace and set this aside for something else. I also have a 40xb that i think has the wrong trigger in it. thanks Stan