• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

40x value

Re: 40x value

Sold my US Property marked 40X with matching bolt 8 months ago for $900 shipped.

Thinking about selling one or both of my 40 XB's and I would not take less than $1,000 for the one with non matching bolt or less than $1,200 for matching bolt rifle.

IMG_0719.jpg

Hope this helps.

I snagged mine for 800$ and it had a no name rail and some Redfield Olympic sights on it. Original owner bought it from the Remington custom shop, passed away from age, and his friend got it who happened to be a Winchester guy.

Curious, what is the average barrel length you guys are finding on yours? Mine seems to of been ordered with a shorter barrel than others I read up on.

imag0467nc.jpg

If there is a B suffix after serial number it should have a 28" barrel. If an R suffix it will be 24". If neither of these lengths and somewhere in between than it more than likely has been shortened at some point!

Condition is everything. I have a 40x with cmp paperwork I paid $1400 for. It looks new though.

DSCF8063.jpg

DSCF8074.jpg

DSCF8067.jpg

This one is a B. Being a rifle ordered from a customer straight form the Remington custom shop, I always just figured he ordered it to the length he wanted instead of having it cut down by a shop later on in ownership of it.

imag0468m.jpg

imag0470t.jpg

Hmm interesting then. I can't complain for the price I got it at, and the groups it prints. At least I won't fill bad about chucking it up in the lathe and threading the barrel now.

Muzzle isn't <span style="font-style: italic">as</span> discolored as it looks in the picture from the flash, but after looking over it again I can see it does have a slightly different shade I'm guessing from cold blue. I'm curious now if the muzzle has been choked back to be the tightest spot with how well it groups since it is looking to of been cut down before.

Bringing this old thread back up. I have been thinking about selling my 40xb, but not sure where to start with a price, so, what would I ask for something like this? Numbers match, stock is in fantastic shape, and has a Redfield International site and globe front site to go with it.

Not the best photo.
http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/3776/imag0467nc.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is titled "40x Value", I was simply asking what the value of my rifle could be. That was not a "Who wants to by my rifle!?!" post..

That's an exceptional Rifle I would not start under $1500 . My only 40x is a USMC Marked with a PT&G bolt with a Jewel trigger. It looks like a cobbled together beater but will outshoot 2 of my Anchutz rifles. I love it.