• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

416 Barrett Reloading

bgedeon

Private
Minuteman
Oct 22, 2011
Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum, and I'm excited to be in contact with so many experts. Everyone just calls me "Doc" (I'm a physician as my day job!). I was wondering what equipment people are using for equipment (since I can't find a set that does just neck sizing) and any reloading advice on powder, less expensive bullets, or 'recipes' that have good accuracy out to 1,000 yards or more?
Thanks,
Doc

Re: 416 Barrett Reloading

Here you go.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...788#Post1162788

DSC07463.jpg

Picture039-1.jpg

Picture040-1.jpg

DSC07617-1.jpg

That is an awesome piece of equipment! Very, very cool. Maybe I didn't look close enough--but who manufactured that and do they make all the dies and equipment for my 416 Barrett? That is a heavy duty, and looks like a very high quality die set and ram. You do some fantastic and beautiful reloading work. That is true artisanship! The best part is how tight the group size is--which shows you know what you're doing. I really respect and admire reloaders like you. You have the technical and 'art' aspects perfectly blended. Put it this way, I'm shooting my first set of reloads in my 308 at a competition the last weekend in October!

I reload my 308, 338 Lapua, and 416 Barrett. As I'm sure you know, it's hard to find even die sets from any big manufacturer. Does that set-up you have come in 416 Barrett, and if so, where can I get it?

Thanks again for your help. Those photos are awesome and your final reloaded product is absolutely beautiful. Like I said, true artisanship.

The press is a Hollywood. They are difficult to get but they do come around from time to time. The large die next to the .308 die is also a Hollywood in-line micrometer seater. I had to modify it a little because it is for a .50DTC
If I have the choice I would prefer to go with Hollywood but I would only do it if the part I wanted was in front of me for sale. Long story.
In all other situations I would go with CH4D.
http://www.ch4d.com/
Call Dave, he is the owner and a real great guy to deal with. He will have the dies you need and all the rest of the "stuff" you need like deburr tools, primer pocket tools, flash hole tool, etc. His prices are very reasonable and quality of work is top notch. I use his seater, neck sizer, and a few others and have never had issues.
As to brass you can get it from Barret and EDM Arms. Or make you own (talk to Dave). If you go that route let me know and I can set you up with "good" brass. I don't load for the .416 but it is really just a necked down .50
Let me know how it goes.

Thanks for the info on where to get quality equipment. I have never heard of that brand before. It sure us heavy-duty enough to handle the 416/50cal. without any trouble. I usually buy the "once fired" brass from Barrett (cheaper than the new stuff) and then do a full length re-size with a LEE set of dies and lots of lube. It works O.K., but that machine I pretty much just use for my 308 and 338 Lapua. I have a lot of 416 to reload, but have all winter to do it. Is Dave's info at that website or do you have his phone number?

CH4D
Mailing: P.O. Box 889
Shipping: 711 N. Sandusky St.
Mt. Vernon, OH 43050
U.S.A
Phone: 740-397-7214 Fax: 740-397-6600