• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

KACstealth

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 10, 2011
The north pole
ok gents so i bought a 45 osprey today

i need your advice on the best host i can buy for this suppressor.

I will use it on all my current weapons too, but for HD strictly what should i get

Re: 45 host

The best 45 host in my opinion is an HK, next is a Glock, next is a Sig 220. Get the brand and model that fits you best.

I used to have a USP 45 and HK45Compact. I now have the full size HK45. All are super reliable and for me the best suppressed platform for the 45 cal round. I did not notice a lot of functional difference between the HK models, just the grip and ergonomics.

I have had all of the generations of the Glock 21. I now have a Gen3SF and it is the best fit for my hand of the Glock models.

I have had a number of 220s and the Combat is very good. I have had a few other 220s with threaded barrels but they can be a bit picky at times.

I have not shot the FN but it seems interesting and holds a lot of ammo.

I have tried a few other brands and cannot recommend them.

I would second the HK. The HK45 is nice, the C is coming soon
smile.gif

Sig 220 are good, dont care for the 226 (bad experience). I have seen some nice glocks. Also dont forgot the 1911.

I run my osprey on a P220 W German model and it runs great. No issues, quiet. Good luck on your choice of hosts.

I have the FN 45 Tact, put 300 rounds through it no issues very well balanced, but it has a beefy grip so if you have smaller hands I would skip it, but having that 15+1 rounds of .45 is nice.

Another vote for the HK. In my experience, it is one of the best traditional DA/SA pistols that is suppressor-ready out of the box. Be advised though...while the HK45 is more ergonomic and can be adapted with different grip panels to fit the shooter better, the USP Tactical .45 is a brick for some people with smaller to medium size hands and may or may not fit you properly. Best advice I can offer is before you buy is to get your hands on different pistols listed above and see which is most to your liking.

I forgot about the FN Tac 45... If I ever see one of those on sale I might have to get one

My Osprey is mated nicely with my Sig-Tac Ops TB 1911. It runs like a dream. No dealing with aftermarket barrels to set up. Just thread it on and shoot. Nuff said.

Glock, FNP, HK....so many good choices.

DSC_0038.jpg

Gunandclips.jpg

awesome guys, wow haha
now I want all the above mentioned

I have a SW 1911 PD full size, that might be fun to suppress, and my M and P handguns

So now i have to see the hk and FN in person

I use my Osprey on my Glock 21 with KKM threaded barrel without any issues. It's a great, accurate setup. I'm still waiting to have my KKM barrel fitted to my 1911 to mount my Osprey to that host.

The FNP tactical comes from the factory with the tall night sights for suppressor use, a threaded barrel and spare mags and extra "stuff" in a decent carry case. You can also easily mount optics to it with the machined rail and plates FN includes.

FNTacinbag.jpg

FNPpile_zps93a222eb.jpg

FNPdirty_zpsc822ad81.jpg

I LOVE my Springfield Loaded 1911. You will be shocked at how quiet this suppressor is, especially when run wet.

bWol1911_02_caLarge.jpg

bWol1911_01_caLarge.jpg

Thanks Accurate Ordnance for the suppressor and for doing the barrel work on the 1911!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KACstealth</div><div class="ubbcode-body">nice, it seems massive though </div></div>

It is a full size gun for sure. If you have a small hand you might not like it. Its VERY comfortable to shoot and you could fire it all day. every day with ease. Just need free ammo which I have not figured out how to pull off yet.

I've been thinking of a Osprey myself. It would be used on a full sized and compact M&P if so...

Remington now makes an R1 that comes suppressor ready right out of the box. I really like mine.
remingtonr1withtirang.jpg

My Osprey runs great with my Sig tac ops 45. I will picking up an HK USP tactical tomorrow in San Antonio which I ordered last year. HK was having trouble finding barrels. Since the Sig is a 1911 the mags hold less but the grip is far more comfortable.
If you have small hands go with the Sig tac ops.

Marty Seidler
San Antonio Arms Company
www.guntrustlawyer.net

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: m1garand30064</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I LOVE my Springfield Loaded 1911. You will be shocked at how quiet this suppressor is, especially when run wet.

bWol1911_02_caLarge.jpg

bWol1911_01_caLarge.jpg

Thanks Accurate Ordnance for the suppressor and for doing the barrel work on the 1911!! </div></div>

What barrel are you using in that ? I love my GI 5" single stack , and like to go this route.

I have three H&K's a full sized and a compact USP and a Mark 23. The funny thing is the Mark 23 is the only one that has given me trouble out of them. It likes to jam with my Osprey or my AWC Triad Ti. I have not had it long enough to figure out why only had it out one time. I am sure there is something that needs to de done for it to function correctly. PG

I shot an HK, glock and FNP, all three 45 and suppressed, my favorite was the FNP tactical with the Osprey.
that is my next purchase.

I have the HK 45 USP, 45 USPc, and 45c. The HK45c has the best ergonomics, and is the one I shoot the most.

I run the AAC TI-rant on an HK45. HK's built much of their reputation on running suppressed. I have an FNP 45 as well. But I don't run it suppressed.
1st choice HK
2nd choice FNP

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tucson Dave</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Turk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tucson Dave</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sig P220
After first round pop,all is golden

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLQM_3Sp-oc </div></div>
How did you manage 10 rounds out of a 220?
</div></div>http://www.overstock.com/Sports-Toys/Sig...46/product.html

</div></div>
You're always ahead of the curve!
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Turk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tucson Dave</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Turk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tucson Dave</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sig P220
After first round pop,all is golden

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLQM_3Sp-oc </div></div>
How did you manage 10 rounds out of a 220?
</div></div>http://www.overstock.com/Sports-Toys/Sig...46/product.html

</div></div>
You're always ahead of the curve!
grin.gif
</div></div>

You sir, have an eye (or ear) for detail. LOL