• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

45acp small primer?

tomme boy

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2007
Iowa 52732
Been running into these lately. Does RCBS or anyone make a shell holder that has a small primmer hole to prime these?

This is going to be a real pain to have to sort these all the time. Why would Federal even do this?

Re: 45acp small primer?

The shell holder has nothing to do with the primer size.

The best thing to do with small pistol primer 45 auto cases it to chunk them in the waste brass bucket as soon as you see them. They slow you down when the get mixed in with the LP brass in a casefeeder on a prorgessive press.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tomme boy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why would Federal even do this? </div></div>. Completely lead free .45 cal. handgun ammo uses the NT primer which is a small primer.

I hate getting the nt 45 brass mixed in. It is a pita when loading on the 650. I try to catch them and throw them away before cleaning.

Well these were not the NT ones. They were regular federals.

I was having a brain fart. I just need to switch the large primer insert for the small primer one on the hand primer.

I talked to a lady today at RCBS an she said all their pistol ammo is going to be small primered soon. So I guess I am going to save these to the side for now. An see what happens.