• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

4th Annual 4R Rifle Club Team Hunting Challenge

Re: 4th Annual 4R Rifle Club Team Hunting Challenge

Rich,

Ties will be broken by going to cold bore first, then pop up target stage, then speed stage, then the non prone stage and finally the non prone stage shot off a stack of tires. If there is still a tie we will throw down the guns and have a bare knuckle boxing match.

fishing for stage descriptions worked... Now how about that coldbore, paper or steel? Hopefully it's about a half mil big and inside a 1000 so I got a chance.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TXHunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BJ

About what time do you think the match will end on Sat afternoon? I'm thinking of heading out to w TX to my lease. Got a big pig problem.

Dale </div></div>

Each team is going to have somewhere in the neighborhood of 4 min to shoot each stage so each team will have 8 min at each stage shooting and scoring. If there was another 12 min factored in for moving and picking up gear that would make 20 min per station. That would make for a 6 hour and 40 min match. Now I don't expect to get done that quick but if we are started on the stage portion at 8:30 AM I see no reason we shouldn't be done by 5 PM. Of course there are some variables involved like cattle and target failures.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 3rdgss</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rich,

Ties will be broken by going to cold bore first, then pop up target stage, then speed stage, then the non prone stage and finally the non prone stage shot off a stack of tires. If there is still a tie we will throw down the guns and have a bare knuckle boxing match. </div></div>

Steel. I'm too lazy to mess w/paper.

No feed after. Just during. Would like to do a feed after as well but don't have the funds and I think I will be a bit tired after Saturday!

After looking at the map it doesn't look like I can get there from here, so I am going to leave Wednesday and head to Texas for a couple of day's.

I hope it's not as hot as the last match I shot in OK....

Looking forward to seeing some old friends I haven't seen for mmmm... about 2 weeks...

Mick

Well, you pretty much said it correctly. You looked at a map instead of reading a map and couldn't figure out where to go. Let me guess, you got your crayons out because you thought the map was for coloring on. Did you keep it between the lines this time? You still haven't figured out how to turn on the GPS yet either have you? Damn I feel sorry for Kevin. Leave now so you can find you way in time.

No not doing steel anymore. Go to Spindrift Tactical

Ok guys, almost all courses of fire are set. There is a total of 80 targets on the range and one cold bore. So if you miss everything on the first shot, you will need to bring 161 rounds. Some of the targets are smaller than I would have liked but I had to use what I have. There are still plenty of targets that even Mick should be able to hit.

Practice and sight it will be Just south of Binger, OK. Robert Codopony will be handling this as he was kind enought to let us use his range. He will be there @ 5:00 PM on Friday evening. Robert can be reached @ 405-512-8662. Don't wear him out guys. Only contact him if you are having trouble finding the range. He has to work Friday and is taking off a little early so you guys will have a place to check zeros and confirm your dope. Here is a map:

http://www.bing.com/maps/explore/?org=aj&FORM=Z9LH4#/z22jvqvg1f3wk9nz

Looking forward to it!! If any of you guys have those pop up canopies bring them. I hope to have enough to set up 2 or 3 on each course so you guys can get in the shade every once in a while.

Almost forgot; You will need dope out to 1050 yds. I didn't think we'd put anything past 1000 yds but we did.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 3rdgss</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Almost forgot; You will need dope out to 1050 yds. I didn't think we'd put anything past 1000 yds but we did.</div></div>

I'm bringing Mick as my partner, does that qualify as long range dope?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 3rdgss</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Almost forgot; You will need dope out to 1050 yds. I didn't think we'd put anything past 1000 yds but we did.</div></div>
I was really hoping for the 1300ydish UKD Elk again.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Boss</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 3rdgss</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Almost forgot; You will need dope out to 1050 yds. I didn't think we'd put anything past 1000 yds but we did.</div></div>

I'm bringing Mick as my partner, does that qualify as long range dope?

</div></div>

Why yes I believe it does...

Also, you might want to bring a good pair of binos. Will make it much easier when locating the targets before you start shooting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rich Emmons</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 3rdgss</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Almost forgot; You will need dope out to 1050 yds. I didn't think we'd put anything past 1000 yds but we did.</div></div>
I was really hoping for the 1300ydish UKD Elk again. </div></div>

That was a lesson learned for us. Calling hits on that baby in heavy mirage ain't exactly easy!!

Now I have to catch crap from another Oakie... and my shooting partner? What the hell.

Mick

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mick265</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now I have to catch crap from another Oakie... and my shooting partner? What the hell.

Mick</div></div>

Sorry brother, it was a lay up. I had to take it!

Mick buddy, We tease because we love.

For my other texans. You know what to do if you drop your wallet in Oklahoma?

KICK IT BACK TO TEXAS.

Made a mistake guys. It's 1.25 miles off of 281 not 2.25 miles. You can say I told you so Dean.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 3rdgss</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Made a mistake guys. It's 1.25 miles off of 281 not 2.25 miles. You can say I told you so Dean.</div></div>

Now you guys see why I said can't get there from here. He doesn't even know where the range is.

Mick

If you guys need to get ahold of me today it's going to be best to use my cell # or email me. We are going to be putting the finishing touchs on the range today.

Good luck to all the competitors....wish I could be there...

I talked with BJ yesterday and he said it was over 1k but wasn't sure the exact distance.

Congratulations to Dean and Brody for the win. You guys shot great. Also a super big thanks to BJ, Adam, Rick and Robert for all the hard work you guys put into this match. I don't think it could have been ran any better. We all got a full day of shooting and had a lot of fun. Guys, this was an awesome match with a great prize table. (Thanks to the Sponsors) Looking forward to next year.

Thank you very much for putting this on and many, many thanks to the sponsors!!

Let's see the results!:)

Not sure of the scores but
1.Morris/Ward
2.Beanland/Ross (tb)
2.Case/Newman
4.Pritchett/Stuteville
5.Carr/Shireman (tb)
5.Morris/Emmons
7.McCullom/Knight

Can't remember the rest I'm sure BJ will post the full results, I think there was over 40 teams. Very tough match but I had a great time.
Thanks Dustin for shooting with me, you shot and called solid all day wish I could of done better but my brain wasn't working too well nor was my Calcutta picks, I had blast though! Thanks to BJ and Crew, for the match set up and prizes were outstanding, Special thanks to Surgeon and Vortex for their Sponsorship to the prize Table

Big thanks to BJ, Adam, and all of the other people who worked to put on the match. It was a great match and had a lot of fun. Congratulations to Dean and Brody for their win and thanks to all of the sponsors.Great prize table!

Some pics:

ifd85z.jpg

2chw1f6.jpg

wmgu52.jpg

If these are winners, what does that make me? haha
2ikci07.jpg

Thanks a ton to BJ, Robert and Crew. Special thanks to Robert for setting up the Friday night practice. This was a very fun match. I loved the format and all the long range stuff. I'll be back next year.

Thanks to Adam B.J. Rick and Robert and all the others who had a hand in putting this match on for all the hard work they put in. I think it went very well and I know all the people I came in contact with had a great time. Thanks to the sponsors who put up a very strong prize table. And to Dean Brody and Rick who ran a great calcutta. Congratulations on a great match.

This was my first field match, really liked the format. Thanks to BJ and all the RO's. I can only imagin the hours that went into putting on this event. Can't wait to see the results.

Great learning experience! Thanks to all that contributed and to my match partner, Jason Christian for calling wind expertly! Itd be nice to shoot the stages for a trainup before the match next time .

Thanks to B.J. and his crew all the sponsors and all involved in putting this together.

This was a big change from the previous match layout. I personally thought it was a change for the better. The down time from previous matches was gone and most of the day was spent pulling the trigger or in my case laughing at the size of the targets and then pulling trigger.
Congratulations to all the top finishers. Already looking forward to next year.

Mick

A big thanks to BJ,Adam,Rick & Robert for a well run match. And excellent COF. Congratulations to Dean and Brody. Well done. Great prize table, Thanks to all the Sponsors. Really fun match, thanks again. Mike L.

I'd like to thank BJ, Adam, Robert, and Rick for putting on a great match. It was well organized and had a great prize table. Thanks for all of your hard work!

A big thanks to B.J. Robert,Adam,and Rick for all of the hard work that obviously went into this match.There was not hardly any downtime and I think everyone got their fill of shooting.(Some of us more than others)

Congratulations to all of the top shooters.My hat is off to each and everyone of you.This was a challenging course of fire for all shooters no matter the level of experience.We all learned something about reading that Oklahoma wind!!

Thanks to all of the sponsors who contributed so much to the prize table.I know where my shooting dollars will be spent.

Todd

I just got home from the match and had to say thanks, B.J. Robert,Adam,and Rick ran a great match. The effort they put into it showed.

This was the first time I shot in this type of event and I had a great time, met alot of great shooters, and reunited with some old friends.

Thanks all.

BJ thanks to you and your crew this years match was even better than last years. The wind was definately tough but my partner Tom and myself had a great time. Hats off to the sponsors for the awesome prize table Thank you.

Jason

Only took one pic from the cold bore line. To the guy that gave me the finger for taking it, I've blurred your face.
qjGnA.jpg

Don't mind him. It's just balldripper screwing around.
Oh, and no do-overs, Boiko.

This was an awesome match with constant shooting and a super prize table. Thanks for all of your hard work putting this thing together.

B.J.,Robert,Adam,and Rick
It was good to see you guys as well as the rest that I haven't seen in a while. You all did a great job in putting on the tactical shoot and handing a helping hand when we needed it.

Congrats to my Cuz -- Deano and his partner Brody. The 6.5x47 did the trick for you guys.

B.J. - Tell the landowner that we all appreciate him in his part to promote the shooting sport. It can use all the help it can get in this day and time.
I know that it is a lot of work organizing the shoot and setting it up. If you need a helping hand in the future, I am only a phone call away.

Micheal and I didn't do as well as we would have liked but, it was his first contest and he had a heck of a time. I can't think of a better shoot for him to get his feet wet in and I am sure you will see him at many more of the shoots.

Thanks again.
Larry M.