• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

5.56 is a deadly round.

Looks like the first 5.56 death I ever saw in Korea. It canoed a North Korean Scout Swimmer infiltrator's head, with no identifiable entrance or exit. I didn't see the brain matter because he was in the Imjin River and it had washed away. I was able to review the sequenced photographs of the incident, since they did a detailed analysis of it, including his wet suit, ROK Army uniform underneath, his gear, and markings. A ROK Army soldier shot him with his Daewoo K2, using the ROK manufactured 5.56x45mm. They have their own locally made M855 and M193.

The 5.56 lead shower is no joke.

Watched that yesterday. That certainly left a stain... I've (accidentally) gut shot coyotes that didn't sustain that kind of damage.

Man, that's some nasty shit.. You wouldn't think they would let that dude just walk around and film that.. The 5.56 is devastation incorporated when applied to a mans head.

Damn, and all these years, I've been reloading and using .223 Rem. I need to get me some 5.56 dies and bullets.

A mug shot of this guy. I guess he had a problem getting a girl friend. Click & read the type next to his picture.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-08-11 at 10.26.24 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-08-11 at 10.26.24 AM.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 34
  • Screen Shot 2014-10-09 at 9.43.51 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-10-09 at 9.43.51 PM.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
At 1:07 it looks like he was hit with automatic fire. Kids got 4 entry wounds on the left side of his face.

I'm not seeing that. He appears to have been hit in the frontal boss, midline and superior to the right orbit, which is exactly where the NORK I saw was shot. 5.56 will canoe your head when impacted within frag range of the projectile. It goes from somewhere around 3000fps, to hitting bone, and bad things happen quickly from then on.

I've said this for a while. 5.56 is perfectly lethal, as long as you hit something vital. Same can be said for just about every caliber.

Somethings wrong with that picture. The mans body is on the ground. The brain has very obviously sustained "significant" injury. It splattered out of the TOP of his head, and rests on the ground, directly OUT of his head. There's no gap in distance. Were he standing, and shot in the standing position, wouldn't there be less "linear" effect of the "effluent"? I'm almost betting that he was shot in the prone position, point blank. If that's the case, with muzzle on head, I could certainly understand a "large volume of gas" entering an "enclosed space", and then seeking the easiest means of exit.

Granted, I've not been "in the shit", so I really don't know what I'm talking about. But, I'm not believing that a 5.56mm projectile would cause such hydraulic shock. I will consult a man who's VERY knowledgeable about these things. Professor Whoopee.....

Just look what any Barnes tsx even the little 62gr. Does to pigs, deer and black bears. On the old 55gr. There is one specially brutal that is the Norinco made. For whatever reason it always tumbles whatever speed or twist making a mess every single time. That is a true poison bullet for the little round that could.

Last edited: