• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.50 bmg bullet problems

nitrousneil

Private
Minuteman
Jan 3, 2010
michigan city, in
my state arms 50 bmg has been doing some goofy stuff lately, my bullets are tumbling not spinning, there is a full bullet mark including the boat tail on my targets there all over the paper... anybody ever had this problem? what the hell is goin on? 200 yards is fine and 500 there tumbling.

Re: .50 bmg bullet problems

Round count on the barrel? Have you got any lands left? That's assuming you're using a projectile compatible with your twist rate and chamber. I've seen a number of State Arms rifles and they all have shot very well in capable hands, to several thousand rounds.
Best,
James

the 50 cal is a great round. but one trip around the planet is gtg.

My Windrunner shows good impact at 2000 yards. More info is needed to assess that. However, at 500 yards, it shouldn't do that.

im shooting pmc and federal-american eagle rounds through it, both in 660 grain, i dont really shoot enough to make reloading worth while, barrel and lands look good, im not sure on the twist rate though, ill have to call them.