• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report .50 cal ballistics info?

Re: .50 cal ballistics info?

Sectional density is 0.363 lb/in^2.
You can figure sectional density from caliber and weight with the formula:
SD = bullet weight/7000/caliber^2

For example,
SD = 661/7000/.510^2 = 0.363 lb/in^2.

-Bryan

Thanks guys,
Bryan thanks for the info, "SD = 661/7000/.510^2 = 0.363 lb/in^2." WTF,
Man you'r talking to a guy that is straight out of the South Carolina public school system, I'd love for you to go over that one again.

And how did you figure out the BC by the dope on the Barrett site. I'd love to know how to do that as well.
I've been reading some of your other posts, fascinating stuff, it's nice to have your expertise close at hand.

Thanks for your time,
Chef

Read "The Complete 50 caliber. Snipers Course" by Dean Michelis. I don't know if I spelled his last name right but that book has to ton of knowledge on the 50BMG to say the least. Its a big book about 600 pages and well worth it. You will learn how to correct for any type of conditions out there. Its a must read for 50BMG shooters. Some of the math is very complex bu at least you will know how to do it if you want.