• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes 50 cal Rated Scopes

Loopm5

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 20, 2010
USA
I am getting into 50 cal shooting and I would like to know some good 50 cal rated scopes under a 1000$. I would like it to last for a while til I get the hang of 50 cal shooting. It will be mounted on a State Arms custom single shot.

I had a bad experience with Bushnell 4200 on the Barret M82A1 it lasted about 2 mags. So I think that one is out.LOL

Re: 50 cal Rated Scopes

In that price range, I went with a Trijicon TR23-2G... I banged it up quite a bit, and fired quite a few rounds of .338 through it... It handled it just fine.

Leupolds etc are more popular, but I've always been under the impression that Trijicon makes rock solid optics... Just my .02 cents.

For around $1000 and depending on what you'll be shooting at, the Nightforce 2.5-10X32 might do for you. You can find them used for about $1K pretty often.

In your price range I would get a used 16x leupold (130 moa adjustment) really good glass and solid as a rock, or a used 3-15 Nightforce (110 moa adjustment). Both are proven performers.

The leupolds can be had under $1000 used, and the Nightforce can be had used starting in the $1100 and up ballpark.

In your price range you get a hell of a lot more scope for just a little bit more money. The Trijicons are really limited in the adjustment category( 50 moa ). As far as the 2.5-10 Nxs it is stout and has plenty of MOA but lacks in power and is not adjustable for paralax.

What distances and target sizes do you plan on shooting?

I have been running a leupold mk4 lrt 4.5-14 on mine with no problems.
I also had a borrowed NF 8-32 br on there for a while with no problems.

For a little over $1k I'd look at the NF br or a mk4 leupold
For a little under $1k look at the sightron s3 6-24... I don't have personal experience but have heard a lot if good things

Well at first thank you for all the suggestions. I will start by mostly be shooting at 200yd to start then move to a 1000. I really just am playing with the 50 stuff not trying to win any records. I would like to take it to Knob Creek and hit some exploding targets and vehicles with it. Later down the road I would like to be able to place shots more precise.

Thanks Again

depending on price range, i like the 5.5-22 nightforce scope, and some times the 8-32 depending on bullet weight and distance. that fine reticle is a huge plus at long distance

Not to get off topic here but which scopes are actually rated for the .50?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 2brothers641</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not to get off topic here but which scopes are actually rated for the .50? </div></div>
IOR
USO
S&B
Hensoldt
Trijicon
Swarovski

Most .50's I have been around were wearing fixed power Mark 4s, so I guess they are ".50 rated." Two of the brands listed above don't hold up to .308 very well, so I would be hesitant to put them on a big stick.

]

The NXS is also rated for the 50

My SS HD has held up on mine. I don't know if it's "rated", but SWFA told me to run it and that they'd replace it if it failed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: matchking</div><div class="ubbcode-body">.. Two of the brands listed above don't hold up to .308 very well, so I would be hesitant to put them on a big stick. </div></div>Which 2 had problems?

Ok, I decided to pick this rig up for the creek what do you think? Sorry About the Phone pic.

2s6vkvc.jpg