• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Training Courses 50 hour LE Basic SWAT sniper, ALERRT center, Texas

Hogstooth

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 12, 2004
Texas
www.vttactical.com
Hey gents,

Attached is the flyer for our 50 hour basic SWAT Sniper course being held in July at the ALERRT center in San Marcos, Tx. This is a TCOLE accredited course for TX LE. Contact Broaddus Defense for more information and detail about the course.

E91FDB20-FD8E-4DE4-9629-E02BBB0211EB.png

Is this course held annually?

Guys this course is outstanding and not because of the content of the course but the fact that the facility allows for awesome scenarios in which shooters have to communicate, coordinate, and properly engage the correct targets. I know this sounds simple to those with experience but for new students just learning to shoot is just the beginning. You will not just learn how to shoot but also full operational considerations and employment with minimal information given just like on the job. Snipers are the ultimate tool if utilized properly, understanding your capabilities is what this course develops.

Any plans for an advanced sniper course or sniper instructor? Both mentioned classes rarely pop up.

Yes, we are planning for an advanced course probably this fall, at latest in the spring, we may run another intermediate course before we do our first advanced course. The difference will be that the advanced course will be scenario heavy with more mission planning, communication, technology usage, night scenarios to integrating night vision, thermal, and the old school white light engagements. I would also like to include some drone usage and tech usage such as the ATAK programs.

An instructor course has been discussed but I think that will be next year sometime, I would really like to run an instructor course, especially to teach coaching methods, diagnostics, and overall mechanics of instruction methods that can be used. I don't see it as a week long course, probably 3 or 4 days would be good.

Let me know what you would want to see in these courses, I have my own ideas but don't want to include topics if they are not going to get used, we also try to tailor the courses to the agencies that we are teaching. A rural county team is going to have different requirements than a big Federal agency.

Thanks for the question