• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

50AE Taper Crimp Die???

Tactical30

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
May 5, 2009
Eastern Ohio
I would like to do the Taper Crimping as a seperate step when I reload my 50AE instead of seating and crimping at the same time.

I see Lee and Hornady make alot of Taper crimp dies for pistols but I cant find a Taper Crimp ONLY die for the 50AE.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Where can I find one? </span>

Re: 50AE Taper Crimp Die???

Have you tried RCBS? You might also want to look up Huntington Die. Fred Huntington was one of the original owners of RCBS. They carry a lot of custom stuff that RCBS doesn't advertise.

Re: 50AE Taper Crimp Die???

For the .50 AE you're probably going to have to just buy another seat and crimp die and use that. Adjust the one for seating out far enough so it doesn't crimp and remove the seater stem in the one you use for crimping. Or you could use one die and adjust it so it doesn't crimp and seat all your bullets then remove the seater stem and adjust it down to crimp and crimp all of them.