• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

541-T mag

Re: 541-T mag

i have a 541 t hb also...the ten rounders aren't worth a damn. I have a couple and they won't hold anymore that 5-6 rounds.

I think the 5 rounders for the model 77 are the ones to get

try

midway

i would sell my 10 rounders or trade

I just took a look at the Rem 77 mags and they look like they would fit the 541 but I dont know if the would work any better then the POS 10rd 541's .
I gave up on the 10rd mags after the second one i tryed emptied itself the moment it was inserted into the mag well....I'll just stick with the 5ers they work 100% in mine...JW

the model 77 5 round mags are almost identical but work much much better. I think the plastic, ugh, is ever so slightly thicker.

the 10 round model 77 are no better than the original 541 10 round mags. they don't work. the metal spring clip in the back doesn't have enough tension to hold the rounds in the mag at full. I have taken the springs off and squeezed them but it had no effect.

The model 522 mags fit in the chamber but won't feed. (i have made this mistake also) Its too bad there so hard to get because they would probably be the best. You have to file down the plastic piece in between the mag spring and the round to get the correct angle and remove the round button-esk thing on the side. (not easy to do by eyeing it up)

good luck, if you find some better mags let us all know please
dgwelsh

i found some of the older rem mags will fit the 541T. cant remember the model's take one with you to a gun show and loon around that's what i did and found several for 1-2$ each.

Yah I went shooting again this morning and the 10 rounder has
given me some issues but it would be nice to get one that worked!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vprtoad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yah I went shooting again this morning and the 10 rounder has
given me some issues but it would be nice to get one that worked!! </div></div>

It would be nice ...the fivers just run out to quick.