• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

5X10 100 yard challenge

Aaaaaagh!!
What a strange day. if i had shot this as 6x5s then i would have had some new personal bests - by a big margin !
sometimes all shots from both five shot magazines would spread around, some times one would group really tightly and the other mess up the group and in one glorious case the first shot was wild then all 9 remaining shots (2 mags) printed a tiny group. ! i think i would have 'retired' if all 10 had gone into the 0.169 MOA group :eek::cool::D

End result --- a mediocre 10x6 ...
Sig Sauer STR 200, Rempel bipod and rear bag. 100m. Eley Match.

I did learn a lot today though :D

1588855528115.png

Those fliers are tough! Nice shooting either way, I have your Sauer on the results.

I accidentally shot another 5x10 today. :)

It was pretty windy as you can see by my flags. The sighter and bulls 1 & 2 had been shot a different day. I shot at bull 3 first then adjusted my scope some to allow for wind and then shot bull 8.

Mirage was horrible and I couldn't get a good focus so I set my NF at 15x so the mirage didn't look so bad. Then I held center and ignored wind and shot bull 8. I adjusted the scope a little more and shot bulls 13, 12 & 11 in that order. I adjusted for distance and shot some plates at 140 yards. I then realized I was part way to a 5x10 so I adjusted back to what I remembered my settings were for 100 yards and shot bull 18 I think or maybe it was bull 17. ;) I then shot bull 16.

I'll claim bulls 8, 13, 12, 11 and 17. Groups in that order were: 1.820, 1.920, 1.800, 2.640 and 3.160. Ave was 2.268. Smallest was 1.800. Bull 16 was 2.410. Ammo was SK Biathlon Sport. First few groups were lot #0833 and the last 2 groups was lot 2584. 0833 certainly seemed better.

Wind was mostly steady right to left except when it switched to straight at me or left to right. Pretty fun day to shoot and learn. I was surprised how well I did by going to a lower power in my scope, holding center for every shot and ignoring the wind.

Shooting from a bench with bipod and rear bag out the window of my garage. Outside temp was around 40* wind was windy. Vudoo, 18" Ace barrel, KRG Bravo chassis, NF 7-35 ATACR

Good times. :)

IMG_5974.jpg

IMG_5972.jpg
IMG_5970.jpg

Reactions: DRACO and jbell