• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos 6.5 CM 140 AMAX vs Whitetail @ 200yds *graphic*

tmcelrath

Private
Minuteman
Sep 24, 2011
Virginia Beach
Went hunting this past season and Im finall posting the pix. It was a doe only day and she made the mistake of wondering out into the powerline path I was patiently watching as the sun came up. I was sitting with my back up against a tree facing away from her and decided to take a glance behind me, there she was.

I turned and dropped into prone, but the brush was too high so I had to take a high kneeling position, with no shooting stix, and wait for her to stop walking. One slow steady squeeze and a fraction of a second later and I began my, what turned out to be, ~200yd walk to her. Died on impact, about as humane as it gets. She dropped so fast, by the time I recovered from recoil I didnt see her and I wasnt sure if I even hit her.

The pics are her and my rig, the entry up close with my hand as reference, and the exit with my hand for reference. Never expected that round to open up like it did.

Attachments

• deer.JPG
    deer.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 13
  • entry.jpg
    entry.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 11
  • exit.jpg
    exit.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 10
I shot one this past year with my 6.5CM and he dropped like a brick too. I was using 129gr Interlock bullets, and the recoil was so light I saw him drop through the scope.

Thank you. I have another picture of the exit wound after I skinned her, somewhere. I think I need to pull it of the wifes' camera. Once skinned, I could have stuck a baseball through the hole.

Though I prefer Barnes for "must recover" animals, I have been very impressed with Amax on deer. My trophy white tail went down to a 168-Amax. I like blood trails, but I like bang-flops more!