• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors 6.5 CM thread pitch

AHall

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 11, 2011
Western Slope, CO
I just ordered a criterion barrel for my savage 6.5 creedmoor build and requested the barrel be threaded for a suppressor. Sav bull barrel contour. Problem is I am not up-to-date on what is a common OD, pitch, and length for a barrel when installing a can. Any help would be appreciated so I can finish my order today.

Re: 6.5 CM thread pitch

5/8-24 is the standard for >22c centerfire.

You can run a 6mm and 6.5mm through the 1/2-28 but it's uncommon to find a suppressor (that isn't a custom order) which will be threaded 1/2-28 while still maintaining the capability to provide good suppression for a round the size of a 6.5CM.

The suppressor company for the can you plan to buy should have drawings available. I got a complete set from AAC when I was looking to get my 260 LRP threaded,

Off of Thunderbeast site

http://thunderbeastarms.com/forum/threads/what-are-the-thread-specs-for-5-8-24.5/

threads5824.jpg

If you do not send them a diagram such as the one above, they will probably get it wrong. Tell them to do exactly as the diagram says. I've had this problem a couple times in the past with different companies.

I think its safer to wait and fit the threads to the can, you would be surprised how a few thousands make a can/barrel fit seem really sloppy. IMO