• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.5 Creed - 147 grain - is it safe to fire new brass with 0.004 neck tenshio

That's very un SH like. We like to start off with Thermonuclear loads. Then we move onto loads that can start solar fusion. I'm currently working on loads that can cause supernovas. People say I couldn't make a 6.5CM shoot as fast a 26 Nosler, I'm going to prove them wrong!
That great! I think I’d like to keep my fingers for now though, thanks.

Thanks for sharing this. Couple of clarifications 1) why are these numbers diff from the chart you shared earlier. The MV numbers in this chart match more closely to what I am seeing in my reloads 2) I have bought down my charge to 41.2 grain. Based on this chart, I should expect close to 59k psi. How do I check if that is safe amount of pressure.
Its different because tons of different variables produce different results. Which is why it is so very important to "start low and work up"

Just for discussion, Im shooting a 24" barrel and Im loading 37.8gr of h4350 in my lapua brass with a 140 and Im getting 2590 with it. Its a pure joy to shoot and I never have to worry about it. You should start here and then experiment hotter. Shoot a cream puff load at 1k yards and then justify to yourself why you need to load hotter. Sure, I have to dial 2 mils more elevation -which is a known value that you are reading off your kestrel/app anyways- but it just means you hold an extra tenth of wind; so its not going to be why you are missing.

Try loading from 37.5-40.5 in half grain increments. When you extract the cases as you test pay special attention to just how much effort is required when you get towards the top end of your load testing. Maybe follow a couple of the hotter ones up with a lighter one and observe the for required to lift that bolt up.

Reactions: Mike Casselton
That great! I think I’d like to keep my fingers for now though, thanks.

😁😁
20210603_163602.jpg

That's very un SH like. We like to start off with Thermonuclear loads. Then we move onto loads that can start solar fusion. I'm currently working on loads that can cause supernovas. People say I couldn't make a 6.5CM shoot as fast a 26 Nosler, I'm going to prove them wrong!
47gr R26 + 142 Matchking 😘

Reactions: harry_x1