• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

6.5 Creed Gas Gun build is Finished - Pics, Specs etc.

SeattleDude

Private
Minuteman
May 30, 2011
Seattle, WA
What slowly started and was planned "budget" build..... quickly got out of control and into full on awesome build. I just love good parts. :D:D:D

It all started with Aero Precision M5E1 upper and lower set. These guys are local to me and I like to support local business. These receivers are beautiful! .... and here is a rest of the build.

Rainier Arms UltraMatch Mod2 Fluted 22” +2 Rifle Gas 6.5CM
Rainier Arms Switch M-Lok 17” Rail
Rainier Arms Avalanche Mod2 Large Frame Charging Handle
APA Little Bastard 6.5 Brake
Superlative Arms ADJ Gas Block .875
JP Enterprises LMOS Large Frame BCG with HP Enhanced Bolt
JP Enterprises Gen 2 AR-10 SCS Builder Kit with Spring Pack
Aero Precision M5E1 Upper/Lower Receiver Set
Battle Arms Safety Selector Switch
Magpul PRS Gen 2 Stock
Magpul MOE+ K2 Grip
Giessele SD-E Two Stage Trigger
Vortex Razor Gen II 4.5-27x56 EBR-2C MRAD
Vortex Precision Extended Cantilever 34mm 20 MOA Scope Mount

Spent a day at the range and rifle shoots beautiful and has great potential. Hornady American Gunner 140gr turned in about 3/4-1 MOA (not very impressive, but will do for a cheap ammo and steel banging at distance) and 41.8gr of H4350 under 140gr ELD-m at 2.800 .060 jump to lands turned in 1/2 MOA group and with little more load tweaking and time behind a rifle I have no doubt it will be under 1/2 moa all day long.

This weekend it will be going with me to Parma ID Multigun Team Match with targets out to 1000yards. Cant wait to stretch her legs.

Here is couple quick pics.

20180905_172932.jpg~original

20180826_004139.jpg~original

20180827_105652.jpg~original

20180905_172505.jpg~original

Reactions: beaverpelt
Looks good. Keep us posted on how that barrel shoots.

Do yourself a favor and get some ASC SS SR25/LR308 mags. Will allow you to tweak your handloads for best accuracy that wouldnt fit in PMAGS. They allow COAL of 2.865

Reactions: Earnhardt
Looks good. Keep us posted on how that barrel shoots.

Do yourself a favor and get some ASC SS SR25/LR308 mags. Will allow you to tweak your handloads for best accuracy that wouldnt fit in PMAGS. They allow COAL of 2.865

Yup that was the plan. ELD love about .015 jump in my PRS Bolt gun.

So ASC is cheapest version out there. There is LaRue for about $75 and one other Mag Maker was around $90 per mag.

How big of the difference in quality, but mostly reliability between $20 ASC and other "top end" Premium Mags? I dont mind spending the coin if the quality much superior.

Yup that was the plan. ELD love about .015 jump in my PRS Bolt gun.

So ASC is cheapest version out there. There is LaRue for about $75 and one other Mag Maker was around $90 per mag.

How big of the difference in quality, but mostly reliability between $20 ASC and other "top end" Premium Mags? I dont mind spending the coin if the quality much superior.

I have all 3. I would put the KAC SR25 at the top, Larue 2nd and ASC SS 3rd. The ASC run fine and are very well made. They have a little less COAL than my KAC. 2.865 vs 2.871. I havent had any reliability issues with any of them.

Last edited: