• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.5 creedmoor 130gr cx hunting load

Max_The_Phoenix

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Nov 30, 2022
Usa
Hi Everyone
Trying to work up a load for the following combination
I have the hornady load chart but looking to see if you guys have any experience with this bullet? How far Jump? Touch?
Goal is 0.7 Moa or 0.5 MOA.
Any load recommendation will be much appreciated.

Defiance Ruckus
24” proof sendero light 1:7.5
H4350
Lapua srp 1x fired
Federal 205M
Cci 450
Hornady 130gr Cx

Thanks

My universal strategy for working up a load is lightly crimping a bullet bullet in a fired case set long, carefully chamber and remove to measure the distance to lands. Then I load up a ladder test with the bullet either touching or with a little bit of jam. Pick the accuracy node and velocity that makes you happy, and load up another ladder test at the node with decreasing lengths. There you should find a very good shooting load that will be the most tolerant of variance, and have only spent 20-40 rounds worth of loading supplies. If the jump ladder test seems inconclusive I’ll load up a few strings at some promising measurements and pick the one with the lowest standard deviation across the chronograph.

Reactions: Max_The_Phoenix
My universal strategy for working up a load is lightly crimping a bullet bullet in a fired case set long, carefully chamber and remove to measure the distance to lands. Then I load up a ladder test with the bullet either touching or with a little bit of jam. Pick the accuracy node and velocity that makes you happy, and load up another ladder test at the node with decreasing lengths. There you should find a very good shooting load that will be the most tolerant of variance, and have only spent 20-40 rounds worth of loading supplies. If the jump ladder test seems inconclusive I’ll load up a few strings at some promising measurements and pick the one with the lowest standard deviation across the chronograph.
Thanks

I'm working up the same setup. From what I have read the solid coppers like jump so I'm going to try the COAL recommended by Hornady. Doesn't seem to be any data out there of results that I have seen. I'll let you know what I find.

I'm working up the same setup. From what I have read the solid coppers like jump so I'm going to try the COAL recommended by Hornady. Doesn't seem to be any data out there of results that I have seen. I'll let you know what I find.
Thanks man
Looking forward to your results

Me to. I've got 2 weeks to find a load, confirm drops and load up enough for deer season haha.

Go to the hammer website and look at their load data in the forums. The cx is a copper mono if I recall correctly. There should be ample load data available there that should give you an almost identical bullet for comparison..

Finally made it out. I ended up loading to the recommended OAL of 2.80. Ends up being about .050 jump in the Savage I was loading these for.
Lapua SRP brass 1x fired.
CCI #450's
41.3 gr of H-4350.
Gave me right at 1/2 inch 5 shot groups running 2800fps.

I was getting pressure signs at 41.6 which was my next step up on the ladder.

Finally made it out. I ended up loading to the recommended OAL of 2.80. Ends up being about .050 jump in the Savage I was loading these for.
Lapua SRP brass 1x fired.
CCI #450's
41.3 gr of H-4350.
Gave me right at 1/2 inch 5 shot groups running 2800fps.

I was getting pressure signs at 41.6 which was my next step up on the ladder.
ok went to range yesterday
Ladder from 40.2 to 42.
I had compressed load starting at 41.4
and found a node between 41.2-41.4 (2798-2791)
40.6-40.8 (2759-2756) @ 20thou off the lands
I am going to try seating depth test at 40.7 next time

Be interesting to see where you land. I don't think that load was compressed for me and I was .050 off lands. All the rounds are in a box at the farm currently but I seem to remember their being space.

Be interesting to see where you land. I don't think that load was compressed for me and I was .050 off lands. All the rounds are in a box at the farm currently but I seem to remember their being space.
Chambers are different, you might have a longer chamber, what is your datum to shoulder length?

Haven't measured it in this rifle. It's a Savage so I'm sure it's not a tight chamber haha. I bushing full length resize and gave up trying to bump shoulders, had a couple instances where I couldn't get a round to chamber (user error I'm sure) so now I just resize like normal.

I am working up a load with Superformance. I have the IMR 4350, and I will try that next. I loaded these to 12ths off the lands. So far I have loaded 50 rounds with Superformance, loading 5 rounds per, I started at 40grns and have used .5 grain increments up to 44.5 grains. I just bought some new Hornady brass that just got delivered a few minutes ago. I will work up to 46.8 grains....which is the max load for Superformance. According to Hornadys Load data, 46.8 grains will give me a velocity of 2950fps, with a 24 inch barrel, mine is 22", so I expect a bit less in the Velocity. Once I am able to get to the range and test these groups I will posts pics and update this post.

Last edited:
So I tested these bullets with H4350
After 2 range trips I landed on the
41.4grs H4350
C.B.T.O 2.118 which is 27 otl 2796fps

I didn’t see good accuracy and the best group was about 0.7” with 3 shots group.
I thinks It should be enough for a hunting load.