• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.5 creedmoor vs. .308 win for beginners

< < < And thanx for YET AGAIN changing my signature line to "Bad Advice Given Confidently."

Second time ya'll have changed that for me..

Mods even post stuff FOR ME. . I have screen shots of mods changing my posts.

This is a TRULY fascinating place. Never seen its equal. Its like some sort of psyops campaign going on here. :)

How many of you are in there and active at any given moment?

Poor OP. The unwashed hordes that make up about 0.1% of this forums membership / moderation have made YET ANOTHER thread all about me. I mean... its flatterring and all but.... def off topic. :)

Sorry, OP. :)

Fascinating.

That link you gave....brianf basicaly said same thing as me. Without first getting into reloading, 6.5 CM is prolly not a great beginner caliber. 308 has everything a beginner needs and more. To quote brianf " 6.5 is a great round no doubt but not my choice to start. "

Yet I catch Hades for saying same basic thing.

Yeah.... the grief I catch from some ten or so individuals here is driven by the personal problems of those individuals. :)

Thanx for that link. It says ALOT. :)

Fascinating.

That link you gave....brianf basicaly said same as me. Without first getting into reloading, 6.5 CM is prolly not a great beginner caliber. 308 has everythign a beginner needs and more

Yet I catch Hades for saying same basic thing.

Yeah.... the grief I catch is generated off some personal problem. :)

Thanx for that link. It says ALOT. :)

default_facepalm.gif

This is the thread I need.. I'm new to the bigger bore stuff (I'm a rimfire guy) but thinking about testing the waters. Any one tried a Thompson Center Compass or should I just go Tikka?

Reactions: Norseman1950
OP is a new shooter, and wants to discuss the merits of a 308 vs 6.5

In your own thread you state that you would NOT recommend a 6.5 for a new shooter for various reasons, one specifically being that if you don’t reload you won’t reap the rewards.

That’s not context, but facts coming straight from the horse’s mouth...

I remember that clusterfuck of a thread and calling bullshit on him ? I love how he changed his story and now its great for everyone ?‍♂️

@garandman What happened to the .36" groups? Now it's slightly less or more than 1/2". I'm confused how we can remember your fairy tales better than you ?‍♂️

I remember that clusterfuck of a thread and calling bullshit on him ? I love how he changed his story and now its great for everyone ?‍♂️

@garandman What happened to the .36" groups? Now it's slightly less or more than 1/2". I'm confused how we can remember your fairy tales better than you ?‍♂️
no no that was with his semi not his bolt gun. gotta get it right dude

• Haha
Reactions: Bradu
To make a long story short, 308s are awesome for beginners. Learn recoil management, make heavy wind calls to really show you the power of atmospherics. But plan on buying a 6 or 6.5mm in the near future too. It's not healthy to just have one rifle anyways.

I saw that and was hoping someone else would remember/chime in.

In regards to his groups, he probably lost his hole puncher. We need that one guy to come back and teach him about the tactical thumb or whatever it was....

While we are at it bring back Buddly and let them have at it with a Quigley Ford (better than a Leopold?) and 200 yard zero’s

• Haha
Reactions: Spblademaker
I shoot both .308 in Palma (155 grn) & 6.5 Creedmoor (136-140 grn) both at 600 (MR) & 1000 (LR) yards on KD ranges. Both have the highest in commercial availability; most in selection of components with attractive lower costs. Barrels life and accuracy (comparable ballistics) is great too. .308 does have more noticeable recoil and may be more desirable as its more prevalent in traditional & international competition (7.62 NATO).