• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.5 grendel magazine

Islas82

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2019
North Las Vegas
Does anyone know if someone make a polymer 6.5 grendel AR mag? I know amend2 was coming up with some that looked interesting but they don't seem to be releasing them yet. Am running AR mags on a 6.5 grendel bolt gun.

Dont know about polymer, but PRI are my favorite grendel mags. I've got some c products as well and they work alright most of the time, but they are clearly less well built. PRI will get you the most length.

Reactions: Islas82
Dont know about polymer, but PRI are my favorite grendel mags. I've got some c products as well and they work alright most of the time, but they are clearly less well built. PRI will get you the most length.
I only see 6.8 mags on their website. Are those compatible?

From the guys following this on Grendel forum, max COAL will be 2.26”. That was my first and last question about it, as that does nothing to improve on what’s already out there, and in fact, shorter than all of my ASC or C Products mags. Strong pass for my purposes. Oh yea, they’re listed in Natchez, but backordered with no reliable delivery date. Same story from Amend2 for at least last six months.

6.8 spc and 6.5 grendal mags are interchangeable. Some places will have different follower colors but they're molded the same.

Maybe 10rd mags but the higher the capacity the less compatible they are.
True, that 0.012” body diameter difference really stacks up over 25 rds.
I haven’t had an issue running 6.5 G in 6.8 SPC mags.

Anyone have any experience with AMEND2 Magazines?
Over on the 6.5 Grendel Facebook group everyone went CooCoo for Cocoa puffs over them. A few guys like them. Quite a few more are having swelling issues with the mags and some of them are having rounds just pop out of the top.

6.8 spc and 6.5 grendal mags are interchangeable. Some places will have different follower colors but they're molded the same.

Modified 6.8 magazine at Cavity Back Bullets

They will work with any calibers based on the 6.8 SPC or Grendel parent case. Either the 6.8 SPC, 6.5 Grendel or and of the wildcats based on them. These are perfect for loading long projectiles in the new .224 Valkyrie as well as the 22 Nosler.

I have a 6.8 SBR, and my hunting buddy has a 6.5 Grendel SBR. We hunt in very dusty conditions. My 6.8 runs like a sewing machine on shit ASC 25’s that have never been cleaned.

He invested in some good ELander mags and they’re the most unreliable things I’ve ever seen. He cleans them constantly, and the followers hang up on a regular basis. That nice thick black coating sure looks nice but it apparently isn’t so hot for staying slick when it’s dirty.

YMMV, but I’ll stick with the cheapest metal mags I can find. At the end of the day they’re supposed to be disposable items anyhow

Last edited:
ASC and C Products I think... I have two different kinds, both SS, both work fine with no problems.

I'd stick with SS though. If Magpul or Lancer doesn't make it or it's not a factory Glock mag, fuck plastic. But even then, when it comes to OAL issues, you're back to SS or aluminum so I only really use plastic for 5.56 and .300BLK...

One thing you can do in a pinch is take regular mag bodies and dremel the feed lips to match an ASC mag and install a Grendel follower. I think the feed lips are the same geometry otherwise but I'd have to go pull one out and inspect it to be sure. If you really wanna go this route you can PM me and I'll go do that and take pictures but otherwise I'm not gonna bother this time.

Does anyone know if someone make a polymer 6.5 grendel AR mag? I know amend2 was coming up with some that looked interesting but they don't seem to be releasing them yet. Am running AR mags on a 6.5 grendel bolt gun.
Just got three of the new 6.5 Grendel mags from Amend2 ... trying them out this weekend. Other brand that works great are the metal ones from E-Lander. Everything else I tried was awful, and jammed regularly.

ASC 10 round stainless steel mags have been flawless over several 100s of rounds in dusty PRs style competitions. Elander 17s have been spotty. The follower hangs like mentioned above. I have a couple of 10 round elanders to give a go. But, the ASCs have been flawless.

ASC 10 round stainless steel mags have been flawless over several 100s of rounds in dusty PRs style competitions. Elander 17s have been spotty. The follower hangs like mentioned above. I have a couple of 10 round elanders to give a go. But, the ASCs have been flawless.
ASC 10-rounders were just awful for me ... really struggled with them for some strange reason. Haven't tried the E-Lander 17's ... only the 10's, but they've been 100% solid for me. Hoping the PMag's from Amend2 are good ... will find out on Friday.

Reactions: stilesg57
Can you tell us what is max COAL for PRI mag? I have Elander and limited to 2.25" That is tough! Many Thanks!

ASC and C-products run like shit in my Grendel. Constant feed issues.

PRI and Elander work the best and I believe PRI allows for the longest OAL at 2.300.

Reactions: DFHarley19
I didn't have any of my longer stuff loaded, but the inside of the PRI mag measures just over 2.300". I know theres someone out there making windowed/notched PRI mags to allow for longer as well.

Edit - cavity back bullets makes the windowed mags.

Reactions: DFHarley19
I didn't have any of my longer stuff loaded, but the inside of the PRI mag measures just over 2.300". I know theres someone out there making windowed/notched PRI mags to allow for longer as well.

Edit - cavity back bullets makes the windowed mags.

Your right! I checked their website and it is 2.36"! Boy! Thank you!