• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos 6.5 Shorty build

Tcoddington

Private
Minuteman
Jul 18, 2017
Just got this rifle put together and ran some rounds for barrel break-in. I started with a Pierce Engineering short action and attached Proof Research 16.5 carbon fiber barrel. Dropped the barreled action into a KRG whiskey 3 chassis. Also Attached the Timney tactical trigger which is set to about 6oz. Decided to go with Schmidt and Bender police marksman 2 in American Rifle Company m10 rings. Screwed on the Thunderbeast and attached the atlas to finish it up. I am so impressed with is Proof barrel, just during the break-in process I was getting .4-.5 inch groups at 200 yards. I love this Short Rifle.
6.5 1.jpg

Beautiful rifle! Estimated weight with and without scope?
12.7 lbs as it sits. We did not get a weight before. I think you could save another pound off by switching the metal chassis hand guard to the plastic one and switching rings. I was going to keep some weight on it for gathering dope and then probably see how light I can also make it.

Reactions: Primetime88
I was really happy with the velocity, it surprised both me and the builder.

Why must you post something so utterly sexy when I had almost buried the craving to put together a shorty?

Absolutely love my 6.5 creed shorty. 16.5 inch’s as well!!

Attachments

• 3284C0F7-FC82-400B-BE9D-E139BC2F9030.jpeg
    3284C0F7-FC82-400B-BE9D-E139BC2F9030.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 169
Reactions: 260284
Absolutely perfect setup I’ve been on fence to go with a 18in or shorter but with those velocities I think I’ll keep a tad longer for my prs rifle. Just reason enough to just build another to have best of both!

Reactions: Tcoddington
Love mine, it definitely surprised the local range owner. Mine favors the 147gr eld. Might try the 150 gr match Kings next.

This is awesome. Looking to do a setup almost exactly like this. Curious what the weight is on it? Any specs or details would be great too!
12.5 lbs
Pierce Short action Repeater
Proof 16.5 barrel
KRG whiskey 3 chassis
Timney tac 8oz
Atlas bipod
M10 rings
Thunder Beast can
S&B 5-25 PMII
Absolutely love this short and handy rifle.

My shorty, 18” krieger custom contour about a #4 sporter, 6.5 creed, manners with cdi bottom metal, fn spr action. Leupold vx5 hd duplex retical and thunderbeast ultra 7. My hunting rig shooting handloaded Barnes 127lrx
D0B25D95-8F1F-447E-814F-E9C62A045186.jpeg

This one comes in right at 8 pounds. It has a Badger Ordnance 2013 action, 18inch Bartlein chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor with a C.G Jackson trigger and it's all tucked perfectly into a Manners MCS with a Minichassis. It's perfectly built rifle.

Attachments

• 20200228_113106.jpg
    20200228_113106.jpg
    581.8 KB · Views: 66
18” Rem 700 6.5 Creedmoor. Load 130 gr Sierra with 42 gr H4350 @2640 fps. I am two month on my YHM Resonator K suppressor. Shoots dime size groups at 200 yards.
C7C86E51-340A-4E58-B7AB-0B1C08B7661E.jpeg

these short rifle builds are awesome. I'm planning on building one off of my Savage 10 action. I want to go with a 14.5" barrel with a pinned/welded brake. Only problem I'm having is what caliber should I use.

these short rifle builds are awesome. I'm planning on building one off of my Savage 10 action. I want to go with a 14.5" barrel with a pinned/welded brake. Only problem I'm having is what caliber should I use.
6mm ARC :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

My shorty, 18” krieger custom contour about a #4 sporter, 6.5 creed, manners with cdi bottom metal, fn spr action. Leupold vx5 hd duplex retical and thunderbeast ultra 7. My hunting rig shooting handloaded Barnes 127lrx
View attachment 7305413

Badass. I love that carbon fiber peeking though, especially on a hunting rifle.

Badass. I love that carbon fiber peeking though, especially on a hunting rifle.
Thanks man! It’s a kick ass rifle really happy with the way it turned out. It’s actually a vx6 don’t know why I put a 5 that day to much Leupold in my brain. That was my first build I did myself and one of my friends liked it so much he had me do one for him but with a 24” krieger here’s a pic of his.
49AFA8F4-1583-48A4-9D42-4B8633D15D28.jpeg

Just got my 18.5 inch carbon to rebarrel with! Really looking forward to receiving the gunwerks 6 suppressor to go on the end of it!

Just got this rifle put together and ran some rounds for barrel break-in. I started with a Pierce Engineering short action and attached Proof Research 16.5 carbon fiber barrel. Dropped the barreled action into a KRG whiskey 3 chassis. Also Attached the Timney tactical trigger which is set to about 6oz. Decided to go with Schmidt and Bender police marksman 2 in American Rifle Company m10 rings. Screwed on the Thunderbeast and attached the atlas to finish it up. I am so impressed with is Proof barrel, just during the break-in process I was getting .4-.5 inch groups at 200 yards. I love this Short Rifle. View attachment 7216018
Good looking

Super sweet rig. How does it sound with the can?
Great, I always thought Creedmoor suppressed was one of the softer supersonic rounds. Maybe just a little slow pill, makes it super comfortable with ears on.

Thanks guys, this thread cost me money....Here is my 6.5x47L, 18" barrel, w/TB Ultra 7. Shooing 130 Hybrids over 37gn's of Varget. Shoots great, 2750fps. Weight is right around 12lbs...Moved the MK5 over to my comp rifle, it now has a VX3HD on it. Really happy with it!

IMG_2551.jpeg

Reactions: camotoe and JR_77