• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.5CM Custom Ammo

Edgedriver77

Private
Minuteman
Sep 17, 2020
Ft. Smith AR
Does anyone sell custom match 6.5CM ammo? Looking for some good long range 1000yd ammo for my 6.5 build but I do not have the knowledge or capability to do custom loading. I have some Hornady match ammo but curious if anyone makes some custom stuff that is better than the Hornady and sells it.

Copper Creek is about the same price as these if you can find it now, so I would give Copper Creek a "shot". What I normally use is Prime or Hornady ELD 140, 143, 148. If you hit the range, you may find someone locally that hand loads and sells it.

If you hit the range, you may find someone locally that hand loads and sells it.
Speaking only for myself, there's no way I would put centerfire ammo (or any other kind) loaded by someone I barely know into a firearm I own. Period.

Over the decades, I have seen some bat-shit stupid crap on shooting ranges. I was 100 yards away when a guy's reload made his Remington 1100 sound like a parade round in a 105mm howitzer. Everyone ran toward the range, thinking the worst. The guy just didn't understand; "It's just one of my reloads," he said as he reached for shells to keep shooting.

He was ejected, then and there.

He may offer to sell you some 6.5CM reloads.

Conversely, over the years I've had a lot of people - always strangers I knew casually at best - ask me to load ammo for them. No Way. I have faith in my reloads/handloads, but not in other shooters I don't know. Like the guy who attracted lots of attention on a skeet field because the gorgeous old LC Smith double he had inherited. One of his reloads was a dud - primer fired but no powder - and the wad stuck just behind the choke in one barrel. "I'm going to go clear it," he said.

People assumed he meant he was going to get one of the dowel rods kept on each field for just that purpose. A few seconds later, the was a huge BOOM from the adjacent field. Apparently he couldn't find the dowel so he decided to just shoot the wad out with a normal shell.

The beautiful old firearm's barrels were destroyed; the blocked one split and peeled back reminiscent of cartoons.

Had he been shooting my reloads.....?

O hell no. Just no.

I picked up 100 9mm reloads from my FFL. Half would not chamber. I got 100 .223 from the same FFL. Same problem. I would not buy reloaded ammo from anyone.

Does anyone sell custom match 6.5CM ammo? Looking for some good long range 1000yd ammo for my 6.5 build but I do not have the knowledge or capability to do custom loading. I have some Hornady match ammo but curious if anyone makes some custom stuff that is better than the Hornady and sells it.
Yes, custom ammo is an option.
Yes, brass from your rifle can be remanufactured to go back into same chamber as brass was originally fired in.

Reactions: Jscb1b
Speaking only for myself, there's no way I would put centerfire ammo (or any other kind) loaded by someone I barely know into a firearm I own. Period.

Over the decades, I have seen some bat-shit stupid crap on shooting ranges. I was 100 yards away when a guy's reload made his Remington 1100 sound like a parade round in a 105mm howitzer. Everyone ran toward the range, thinking the worst. The guy just didn't understand; "It's just one of my reloads," he said as he reached for shells to keep shooting.

He was ejected, then and there.

He may offer to sell you some 6.5CM reloads.

Conversely, over the years I've had a lot of people - always strangers I knew casually at best - ask me to load ammo for them. No Way. I have faith in my reloads/handloads, but not in other shooters I don't know. Like the guy who attracted lots of attention on a skeet field because the gorgeous old LC Smith double he had inherited. One of his reloads was a dud - primer fired but no powder - and the wad stuck just behind the choke in one barrel. "I'm going to go clear it," he said.

People assumed he meant he was going to get one of the dowel rods kept on each field for just that purpose. A few seconds later, the was a huge BOOM from the adjacent field. Apparently he couldn't find the dowel so he decided to just shoot the wad out with a normal shell.

The beautiful old firearm's barrels were destroyed; the blocked one split and peeled back reminiscent of cartoons.

Had he been shooting my reloads.....?

O hell no. Just no.
Ya.. I would have to agree with you on that. Everytime someone has an issue, 99% of the time it's their reloads or some dumb load they are trying out. At least Copper Creek sells the OAL gauge and highly recommends it.

Internet is a wonderful source of misinformation. Lotta guys want to take short cuts, that usually leads to issues.

Reactions: 6.5SH and XLR308