• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.5CM neck sizing die??

skeetlee

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2008
Central Illinois
IS there a neck sizing die for the 6.5 creedmoor? I cant find one. I have the hornady die set but it doesnt list or show just a neck die. My rifle is shooting really well with full length sizing, but i just wonder how much better it would shoot with just sizing the necks. Anyone know anything i dont?? Thanks Lee

Re: 6.5CM neck sizing die??

Well if you are only sizing the neck then any 6.5 neck die that will accept the same length of the case will do the job.
You could try buying a universal 6.5 neck sizing die or a Redding bushing neck die with a suitable bushing for any caliber that is bigger in case diameter and about the same case length or shorter .
Like I neck size my 30-06 cases with my 308 neck die.

Re: 6.5CM neck sizing die??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skeetlee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">IS there a neck sizing die for the 6.5 creedmoor? I cant find one. I have the hornady die set but it doesnt list or show just a neck die. My rifle is shooting really well with full length sizing, but i just wonder how much better it would shoot with just sizing the necks. Anyone know anything I dont?? Thanks Lee </div></div>

Don't worry about a neck sizing die. I have personally never noticed an accuracy difference---only difference I have expereienced is that brass MAY last a little longer--and neck sizing is a HELLUVA lot quicker as you no longer lubricate nor trim.

I suggest that you adjust your full-length die so that you are bumping the shoulder as little as possible. That way you avoid over working the brass but still re-shape the neck.