• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.5mm 123gr A-MAX... have they vanished??

Sgt_Jamez

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 24, 2009
Carmichael, CA
I have a list of about 12 web sites that I have been checking every other day or so, but it seems like the 123gr AMAX has become harder to find than unicorn farts. I know the 123gr was not on Hornady's temporary hold list. So what gives? I love this bullet out of my 6.5x47. Yes I could start shooting other bullets, but I am wondering if anyone has insight into what happened to my projectile of choice??

I have a list of about 12 web sites that I have been checking every other day or so, but it seems like the 123gr AMAX has become harder to find than unicorn farts. I know the 123gr was not on Hornady's temporary hold list. So what gives? I love this bullet out of my 6.5x47. Yes I could start shooting other bullets, but I am wondering if anyone has insight into what happened to my projectile of choice??

You can use the 123g SST, beggars can't be choosers.:)

Super Shock Tip (SST) Bullets .264 Diameter 123 Grain $29.51

True... There are other bullets I can work loads up for. But my question was asking if anyone knows of a reason they've become so scarce. Even through all the panic buying, I was able to find these pills quite easily. Then suddenly they were nowhere to be found. What happened?

Everyone else that couldn't find other bullets found them. Just a sign of the times. They are not on the suspend list so they will be available when the panic starts to subside.

True... There are other bullets I can work loads up for. But my question was asking if anyone knows of a reason they've become so scarce. Even through all the panic buying, I was able to find these pills quite easily. Then suddenly they were nowhere to be found. What happened?

Given that they are still in production, what happened is demand outstripped supply.

123s were widely available a just 2-3 months ago, but 140 HPBT and A-max were nowhere to be found. Now the 140 HPBT is hitting the streets, a few places are getting 140 A-Max, and the 123s are unobtanium.

Rinse, repeat, be patient and wait a month or two and you'll see them again.

Last time I was at Hornady they had some blems there. But that's been awhile, I need to go back down there.

I don't have a surplus....But I know where there are some on a shelf for sale at PNTC HQ. Probably 5 boxes at least of the 123gr OR possibly the 120gr (memory a little fuzzy on which one now...).

I don't have a surplus....But I know where there are some on a shelf for sale at PNTC HQ. Probably 5 boxes at least of the 123gr OR possibly the 120gr (memory a little fuzzy on which one now...).

I would be interested in the 123 if you would be so gracious as to provide me with some more info than PNTC HQ? I don't know what or where that is. Thank for the tip!