• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

6.5x284 COL

kernel gadaffi

Private
Minuteman
Mar 2, 2012
Wolsingham, County Durham, UK.
I'm loading up some of the above with Hornady SST140 grainers, CCI LR primers, 47 grains of N160 in Lapua brass, but, I have a problem with the COL, the data I have from the previous owner is the COL should be 3.406", if l do that, the boat tail is just in the case mouth and not deep enough to hold the bullet, looking through the load data, I found some more data that states, "COL-3.164=20/1000 off the lands, 3.144= 40/1000 off the lands both sub 1"@ 100 yards".
Both of these loads are seated deep enough and seem OK, but I'm still baffled by the original COL of 3.406.

Rifle has 24" barrel.

Any suggestions?

I say start over, measure your rifles COL and start some load development moving the seating depth back .002-.003 of an inch off the lands until you find the load that works for you. You never know if the recipe given to you has typos or inaccuracies.