• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors 6.5x47L and a suppressor

JCH

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 10, 2008
Oklahoma City, OK
I read an article where someone mentioned a 6.5L used the same suppressor as the 308....is this true? I used the search function and couldn't find out.

I am about to build a 6.5L and just called Bryon at Major Malfunction and got no answer.

If so anyone have a recommendation on one of Bryon's suppressors?

Re: 6.5x47L and a suppressor

Bryon is a great guy to deal with. You will likely want to use a 308 suppressor as I am not sure any of the major mfg's build a 6.5 specific can. I have 2 of the AAC SCAR-H's on order so that is what I went with. If it is for a bolt gun the Cyclone would be fine. Be prepared to wait, not just for the gov't. My can's have been on order since early Nov and I was told they are at least 2 months out.

I ordered an Omega 300 for my .308 from Major Malfunction, and Bryon is one hell of a guy. He walked a newbie through everything, was patient, and had excellent prices. I will, without hesitation, order all of my other class 3 goodies from him.

He did say that this was the busiest that he has ever been, thanks to the new administration...leave a message and I bet he'll call back ASAP.

And the wait continues for the BATFE to approve my paperwork......

I run a 308 can on my 6.5 Creedmoor. Works out just fine. Bryon doesn't manufacture any cans btw. He orders them directly from the makers. He is awesome to deal with. I have bought quite a few cans from him.

You can go the custom route and have one built specifically for the 6.5 round.... it will cost you though.

I've been happy with my Cyclone K so far. My only recommendation would be a mirage cover from TAB. The K isn't as quiet as the Cyclone, but I was willing to substitute a couple db's for length and weight.