• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report 6.5x47L First 4 shots

mrbig

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 4, 2011
Pleasant Shade ,Tn 37145
got brass and bullets today and to break in new Bartlien barrel I loaded some 140 Hybirds in virgin Lapua brass hasnt even been sized ,,with 35 grs Varget .005 off at 2.840,,shot one shot that was wide right and cleaned bore adjusted scope and shot 1 shot and cleaned bore,shot 1 shot and cleaned bore and shot 1 shot,,

shots 2,3,and 4 cleaning between each shot measured .210 ctc at 100 yards with 14x scope,,

I am hoping with some load work and case prep that it will really come together with some speed when I tilt the can a little,,

Nice shooting but your wife is gonna be pist when she notices her car axle missing! What contour is that bad boy?

ha jk :)

Reagrds,
DT

barrel was advertised as Bartlien #17 Heavy Varmint 29",,it is straight taper from 1.250 and is .915 at the muzzle 28.25 inches from the closed boltface,,if you cut it back to 20" it would be 1.125

Group looks really nice for new rifle and from what it sounds like is it will tighten up a little but I have been reading a bunch of articles on that caliber and H4350 get's mentioned a lot as well as Varget and slim selection of bullets? One Champion shooter mentioned working the brass will really tune this rifle into a Championship rifle! Nice shooting and nice rifle!