• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6,5x55 Tikka

urge-monster

Private
Minuteman
May 21, 2010
Picked this one up the other day:
999b50e5.jpg

Great price and condition with a S&B 4-16x50 scope.
Almost recoil free. Super Varmint edition.

Plan is bipod and silencer.

Re: Got myself a used Tikka

Is the scope touching the barrel? Or is the light playing tricks?

diggler44
This stock is made in Norway, the makers name is KKC laminate stocks, they also have a webbsite.
Just google it!

Tommy

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Elxx</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is the scope touching the barrel? Or is the light playing tricks? </div></div>

Its milled down just enough to fit the scope.

Nice 1 looks like some sort of custom hunter... I suspect it's perfectly balanced (my tactical is piss poor for offhand shooting) as someone apparently took time and custom fitted stock to action+barrel

Nice rifle, great cartridge. Would love to find out more about the stock but the website is not in english, my only language.
frown.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KClark</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice rifle, great cartridge. Would love to find out more about the stock but the website is not in english, my only language.
frown.gif
</div></div>

Its delivered for several rifles and weights between 1 and 1,2kg.
If you go to KKC and click at Våpen&system you can se the stock with different actions.

Going to add a bipod and silencer soon.
Maybe a layer of black duracoat.

ok seriously the stock is badass but the site is not in english does anybody know if their is a company in the usa that stocks these?

thanks "goofy american"

I think you have to import it yourself if you want one.
Think the price is about 800$ including vats but you dont pay vats if you exsport it.

This should provide me with enough brass to start reloading.
The 139gr Scenar has 0,615 in BC, thats decent for of the shelf ammo.
69553a4e.jpg

That stock is fantastic - appreciate the photos! As Sharac pointed out it does look like a custom hunter - I bet it handles extremely well. I'd love to see my .270 dressed in one!

Ed

I sure would like to see that barreled action available in the US.

That looks the dogs mate... I've emailed KKC to see if I can get my hands on one of those stocks in the UK. How's the performance?

It peforms better than me
smile.gif

This weekend we are going to test it at 450 meters to se how it peforms at a little longer range.
I think the stock is exellent, weight around a kilo and handles very well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TorF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jackson Rifles have the KKC stocks in their inventory: http://www.jacksonrifles.com/inventory.htm
</div></div>

Thanks TorF for the info. I've spoken to them before about a Robertsons stock and seen their inventory list - guess I didn't look hard enough at the time for the other stocks they have for the Tikka. Will give them a bell tomorrow.

Ed

Tested the rifle yesterday.
First at 200 meters then at 350, not enough time to do long range.

Target at 200m:
a35663c0.jpg

The rifle:
82cafb40.jpg

I shot 30 rounds and my friend who also tested the rifle shot 10.
Both need a lot more triggertime
eek.gif

Picked up my KKC stock yesterday and mounted it on my .270 Varmint T3. First thing I noticed however is that the barrel contacted the stock about 2" down from the reciever. I took it out and shot it anyway and it grouped about the same as the OEM stock with my usual hunting reloads. However I did notice a distint POI change when I used it with a bipod. Therefore today I've fully cleared the barrel channel to free float the barrel. Will shoot it tomorrow and see how it goes.

Has to be said that the stock is extremely comfortable and handles very well.

I'll post some photos shortly.

Here's some pics of the rifle and a a target shot today. The target was at 200 yards and 'shown' for 3 seconds per exposure - a total of 10 exposures. So all 10 shots were reactive to where ever the target popped up (McQueens sniper comp). Unfortunately I seriously misjudged wind after initial sight-in, hence the grouping to the right... The centre v-bull is 1" dia and my overall 10 shot group measured 1.5" c-c. Match was shot off a Harris bi-pod and rear bag.

The KKC stock shows a significant improvement over the OEM in terms of comfort and handling. I also can say that felt recoil (.270W) was significantly reduced.
All in all I'm pretty happy with the performance and won't bother bedding just yet. The rifle is after all mainly used for hunting. I might try putting on a target scope just to see what I can get out of her. (currently wearing a Meopta 7 x 50).

Thanks to Urge-Monster for posting the initial thread and getting me on to this stock!

Tikka.jpg
Target.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jagged77</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> First thing I noticed however is that the barrel contacted the stock about 2" down from the reciever. </div></div>

Same thing with my rifle. So I moved the bipod a little backwards. If the stock was brand new I would have used same solution as you.
Your stock looks way better than mine, I can see some duracote in the future
smile.gif

Just have to figure out if I want to cut down the barrel a little when I get a supressor. It will be very front heavy with a can added to the long barrel. Nice on the range but sucks to carry and use in dense forrest.

Thanks m8, it is a handsome looking stock, having said that I like yours in brown just as much (just like buying an old Ford - I could have had any colour as long as it was black!)
It only took about 30 mins to clear the barrel channel out with some grit paper and a dowl (well a used and broken drum stick to be precise!). I finished with a coat of varnish on the sanded areas to protect against moisture - will add another shortly.

I have another in T3 .243 with a T8 can (soon to be wearing a Manners stock). It is way too front heavy and I am considering cutting both back to 20". All of the tikkas coming to the UK are now 20" barrel lengths - I suspect for that very reason. Good excuse to have a target crown cut anyway.

I think 20" or 22" is about perfect depending on weight and size of the can. The optics is mounted LOW on my rifle so I cant use a can that is too large since it will block the field of view.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: landtoy80</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It the right handed KKC stock left hand friendly? Or is it fitted to right handed? </div></div>

No it's not ambidextrous - the pistol grip and cheek piece are designed for a right handed grip only. You would need a specific left handed stock from KKC if indeed they supply one.

Got a Sightron SIII 10x42 mildot on now.
00b65a66.jpg

Groups after sighting in.
3 shots
042e8bd1.jpg

4 shots
712314d0.jpg

The Tikka T3 rifles generally are exceptionally accurate.
They are more accurate than many customguns.
The combination of T3, varmint profile and 6,5x55 is serious long range gun.

And it's funny to compare all the new 6,5/260 cartridges against the old 6,5x55 where all the new ones just in best case are almost as good as the old one but never better.....

Maybe should get one of those 6,5 Tikkas myself.

Håkan

I agree. I'm really satisfied with my T3, it's only the standard stock that sucks. But hopefully my Mcmillan A-5 will show up so ii can try it out.

@urge-monster

Nice rifle you got there and really good shooting!

Battery box with frozen water inside vs 155gr Laupa Mega

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wmdvJDNjfT8"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wmdvJDNjfT8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

What was left off the box:

ef965662.jpg