• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes 6-8 Months delivery from Vortex

This comment should come with a free armadillo helmet lined with tin foil.

Right.......because the history of mankind has not clearly enough demonstrated that the State will strip every freedom it can from its citizenry. How many non-violent persons are currently imprisoned in the US? How many who have never even violated the rights of another human? What happens to you if you refuse to pay the government 30% of your yearly income?

There is a worldview that is clearly delusional in this conversation and it's not mine. History bears witness to these facts.

This seems to be a very complex situation..............manufacturer to customer interface. I can tell you......my wife, as a disabled ( first Gulf War ) service member, has benefitted from Vortex's generous Mil /Leo program. If not for this program.......we most likely would not have afforded the wonderful products that Vortex has to offer! We feel sorry if there are retailers that fell slighted by this program...........but we also feel that vets should realize some benefit for their service.

Thank you Vortex for your commitment........and thank you to the veterans and LEO that serve us!!!!!

Can you honestly tell me you could afford something that was $900 but not $1200 or something to that effect? Maybe I couldn't afford it this month, but maybe in two months then?

I don't fault you or anyone for taking advantage of discounts, taking advantage of a discount you are eligible for is no different than a deduction on your taxes.

All this still doesn't tell me why your wife is more deserving of it than any other risky job? What makes military/LE service special other than the fact that we are told it is special? What's the metric for 'specialness'? We've established it isn't risk. So what is it?

Have we become so fixated as a country to believe that the scope of what is heroic is only limited to people who have served in the military or police?

Is a school teacher heroic? Is a scientist heroic? Is a mother heroic? Two-parent household? What about the civilians that deploy to far away places?

No one has been able to tell me so far what makes military/LE service special, I guess I can't figure it out because I'm just a stupid marine.

I've asked a lot of questions, some of which are likely only answered with 'sacred cow' type remarks.

I've absolutely stuck my neck out on this, not just to some customers, but also for my ability to continue to carry Vortex products. I've no doubt violated all sorts of confidentiality agreements with Vortex by posting an invoice. But the tenor of your message suggests you feel slighted by my comments. Not sure why you feel slighted unless you believe you're entitled? What exactly have I said that would make you come to the opinion to not want to do business with me? Surely you believe in fair treatment? Have I said something unreasonable or said some falsehoods?

I've been more honest with people in this discussion than most people you've ever done business with.

So, you dislike Vortex business model - how is yours really different?

"We will match and beat any competitor online or otherwise with a verifiable quote.

*We must be able to verify the validity of the quote. The item must be in stock and shipping and transfer fees must be accounted for online purchases."

Bulldog I think you’’re missing something here - it’s got nothing to do with entitlement, worthiness or pedestals. It’s a business decision, pure and simple.

Vortex has chosen, wisely, to target a specific class of consumers that they feel will help expose their products to a wider audience. This, while also giving a little something back to a group it chooses to promote. This also has the benefit of appearing “business friendly” to those that serve, a group the general public broadly respects. Win win for Vortex.

Unfortunately, for you the vendor, this decision trumps vendor loyalty.

In the interest of fair play, my next suppressor purchase will come your way. I prefer March over Vortex. (And make use of their MIL discount as well!)

You seem like an honest businessman.

Last edited:
I've absolutely stuck my neck out on this, not just to some customers, but also for my ability to continue to carry Vortex products. I've no doubt violated all sorts of confidentiality agreements with Vortex by posting an invoice. But the tenor of your message suggests you feel slighted by my comments. Not sure why you feel slighted unless you believe you're entitled? What exactly have I said that would make you come to the opinion to not want to do business with me? Surely you believe in fair treatment? Have I said something unreasonable or said some falsehoods?

I've been more honest with people in this discussion than most people you've ever done business with.

i don't feel slighted at all. Like i said, it is not expected, but appreciated, and i am grateful. The issue is between you and Vortex, and mil/le should not be devalued publicly because of you frustration with their program.
i also try to buy USA made products from veteran owned businesses

Can you honestly tell me you could afford something that was $900 but not $1200 or something to that effect? Maybe I couldn't afford it this month, but maybe in two months then?

I don't fault you or anyone for taking advantage of discounts, taking advantage of a discount you are eligible for is no different than a deduction on your taxes.

All this still doesn't tell me why your wife is more deserving of it than any other risky job? What makes military/LE service special other than the fact that we are told it is special? What's the metric for 'specialness'? We've established it isn't risk. So what is it?

Have we become so fixated as a country to believe that the scope of what is heroic is only limited to people who have served in the military or police?

Is a school teacher heroic? Is a scientist heroic? Is a mother heroic? Two-parent household? What about the civilians that deploy to far away places?

No one has been able to tell me so far what makes military/LE service special, I guess I can't figure it out because I'm just a stupid marine.

I've asked a lot of questions, some of which are likely only answered with 'sacred cow' type remarks.

It was not my intention to compare paychecks or how much expendable cash one has available compared to others. My family and I are small fish in a very large ocean, as it were. I'm just saying we were one of the many who were able to benefit from the generous offer from Vortex due to my wife's service. And yes, we would not not have contemplated our purchase without the generous discount. I hold all of you, whom have served this nation, in very high regard.....and if y'all can get a break here or there....I applaud that. I'm sorry you don't feel that your service.....and the service of others is not worthy of recognition. I understand the rationale that one signs up for duty........but y'all have a higher risk than those of us that are forced to be Civi's.

I'm sorry if you feel that your business has suffered because of the discount offered by Vortex. I'm sorry if you feel Military / LEO are not worthy of some small level of recognition for their service. Yes, we all feel that we contribute in some way.....but some stick their necks out more.

I thank you for your service......I understand you are frustrated.....I appreciate those companies that offer benefits for those who serve. We can agree to disagree....you a Marine....and me, a lowly healthcare worker for the past 37 years. You and our LEO face bullets etc..........my worst adversary is a Code Brown........you decide which job is more heroic?

Right.......because the history of mankind has not clearly enough demonstrated that the State will strip every freedom it can from its citizenry. How many non-violent persons are currently imprisoned in the US? How many who have never even violated the rights of another human? What happens to you if you refuse to pay the government 30% of your yearly income?

There is a worldview that is clearly delusional in this conversation and it's not mine. History bears witness to these facts.

Generic internet rebuttal focusing on why you’’re wrong and I’m right.

That will teach you!

Last edited:
Just chiming in because I currently have a 5-25 MOA FFP on order from Experticity and it'll be 4 months tomorrow that I ordered it. I'm almost tempted to cancel my order and buy from someone who has them in stock. Decisions decisions...

Just chiming in because I currently have a 5-25 MOA FFP on order from Experticity and it'll be 4 months tomorrow that I ordered it. I'm almost tempted to cancel my order and buy from someone who has them in stock. Decisions decisions...

We have a few left, just saying... http://bit.ly/2xIIKWu Call 916.670.1103 for hide pricing :cool:

Sooooooo......
About that discount?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"No one has been able to tell me so far what makes military/LE service special, I guess I can't figure it out because I'm just a stupid marine."

You're not stupid brother, just frustrated beyond the point where you're able to listen and understand the explanations people are giving you.

The existence and success of Expertcity is based on market research which shows that certain groups of people exert disproportionately high amounts of influence on the purchase decisions of other consumers. As a business owner, you know how expensive effective advertisement and marketing can be. When Vortex's mil/leo program results in many PRS matches appearing to be Vortex sponsored with 8/10 competitors using Vortex products and sporting Vortex apparel (wisely) included free of charge with their latest Expertcity order you know the strategy is working!

Teachers, coal miners, scientists, parents, etc, aren't any less valuable than our law enforcement or military personnel. The difference is that if I was looking to drop 2-3 grand or more on coal mining shit, science shit, shit for kids, etc, I would probably be asking experts in those product categories what they use rather than just guessing what will work for me and hoping I'm not about to waste my money. In turn, when they decide to buy a pair of binoculars, a riflescope, a spotting scope, or a laser rangefinder they ask me..

As others have pointed out, Vortex's decision to offer a generous MIL/LEO program is an important part of their branding, and a wise business decision imo. I've personally recommended Vortex products to hundreds of people over the years based on my experience with their products acquired through the mil/leo program.

K

Clearly Bulldog is just a disgruntled business owner. If you are unhappy with the way Vortex markets them, then don't sell their product. Start selling a different brand that does not promote a strong mil / Leo discount. There are a few of them out there. It is your choice to sell Vortex products. Either suck it up and deal with it or sell something else.