• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

6.8 spc l to 6.8 spc ll

bentbolt308

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 19, 2011
Eastern iowa
im waiting on my bison barrel and bought a LMT barrel and im looking to get the chamber up to date. i know many poeple that owned a 6.8 spc l and had the chamber cleaned up to 6.8 spc ll. who have you guys used to rechamber the barrels. the barrel was too cheap not to buy i had to.

Re: 6.8 spc l to 6.8 spc ll

You use a chamber reamer.
Will be very problematic if it is chrome lined.

i know the tooling but im not going to do it myself, our mills are not the tight we have very open tolerences.

I've considered having my LMT barrel recut to the spcll also! Would like to hear if anyone has had this done and with who as well.

There was a reamer being passed around on the 68Forums, I haven't seen the thread surface lately though as most went with a SPCII bbl.

Try AR15 Performance or Bison Armory, both of those guys know the 6.8X43 well.

Or just don't waste your time. Unless you're shooting a few certain factory loads it doesn't matter.

I do believe it is a Michigun(sp?) pull-through reamer. It is worth a shot to go on the forum & check it out. The LMT also uses a 9.5 twist. Not the best.
Oh, it matter if want to load past 2.26. PRI, ASC, & CPD all have capacity past 2.85.

It was a super cheap deal for a reason. So was the Pinto.