• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.8 SPC Loaders - Instant Headspace indicator

simonp

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 29, 2020
For those of you who load and shoot the 6.8 SPC I am curious what tool you use with the most success. When I started into rifle loading I tried a few and frankly the Redding tool was the one that I found to be the best for me, most accurate, repeatable, consistent etc.

Sadly they do not make one or have plans to make one for the 6.8 so I will need a different system.

Thanks

I use the cheap Hornady comparator set. It isn't going to be the most repeatable and exact tool available...However, it is completely acceptable when bumping the shoulder back a few thousandths.

When discussing a round that is capped at 400y for any practical use, I wouldn't get too carried away with this. I have two 6.8spc rifles, or maybe 3. I even have a barret rec7 piston ar in 6.8spc, and they all shoot just about anything I feed them without getting too fussy with the ammo. I guess what I'm trying to say is that they aren't fussy about ammo, nor do they need to be extremely precise. If you can hold 1moa at 400y, you've essentially squeezed all there is to squeeze out of that cartridge, and I've found that pretty easy to do.