• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6 arc and reliable mags?

Jmccracken1214

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Dec 10, 2018
    Thomasville, NC
    What mags are you guys using with this? I’ve tried a bunch of grendel mags over the years running 6.5G and never found one that didn’t give me some kind of feeding issues at some point

It seems like Grendel mag experiences are all over the board. Granted that my experiences have been in 6.5 Grendel... I have had crap experiences with elander mags in 17 and 24 round capacity, but others swear by them. The 10 round mags have been good in 6.5 Grendel and 224 predator- bracketing your 6mm arc. The 10 round asc mags have been money in my use, But others crap over them. Some say the 6.8 spc mags work great, but I can’t speak to that. Ive got some 15 and 25 round asc mags that I hope run better than the elanders, but I’m beginning to think that the grendel case just wasn’t designed for greater than 10 round mags.

The issue with the elanders is that the follower gets jammed in the mag body (especially if you are shooting in anything other than a clean room) and you wind up with a steel box of loose ammunition plugged into your gun. But, that shiny black enamel sure makes them pretty.

Tagged for info.

I have read the same thing about E-Lander mags.. 50/50 chance of working.
    Same thing on Unimags.

ASC, CPD and E-Lander all seem to suffer from lot to lot variation. Sometimes a mag can be adjusted with some sanding or bending to fix it. Other times the mag is just trash (like an E-Lander with the mag catch slot cut too far down the body).

A 10 round 5.56 P-Mag works reliably as a 5 round Grendel/ARC mag for bench work.

Update, though I didn’t shoot a ton of rounds through multiple magazines. The one 10, one 15, and one 25 round ASC mag that were used at a “run and gun” over the weekend functioned without issue.
    ASC mags with the marlube body and blue follower are now my go to mags for the Grendel family of cases in an ar pattern rifle.

The issue with the elanders is that the follower gets jammed in the mag body (especially if you are shooting in anything other than a clean room) and you wind up with a steel box of loose ammunition plugged into your gun. But, that shiny black enamel sure makes them pretty.
    X10, they sure are pretty but aren’t worth a SHIT out in the field with a little dust.

Ran a 5k event with a bunch of mags mostly loose in a backpack. An ASC 25 rounder when one on wine with a 27 round elander. I have to say that the elanders feel much more substantial. Everything about them say “I kick ASC’s collective ass.” Both were new, freshly removed from their respective plastic packaging. I did not expect this...

74DD3BF5-3FDD-4D9B-8314-8A0DF1FCCD57.jpeg