• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6 arc faxon match freebore issue (too long)

Thejeff1987

Private
Minuteman
Nov 5, 2018
I've been struggling with accuracy out of this barrel with both factory and hand loads. Quit on the project twice on a count of this. Decided to revisit one more time.

Comparing my freebore to others online I have a problem/question. Using a hornady tool, for example 103 eld -x coal to the grooves is 2.445. Insanely longer than anyone I've seen online. Loaded at mag length, I means they're jumping almost .200. Obviously the shorter V-max and Berger hunting bullets are jumping even farther considering they're loaded shorter to begin with.

I have confirmed that a 103x seated at 2.420 chambers without touching the lands. So it is t error in measuring.

Any thoughts or has anyone else seen this in their faxon barrel?

Attachments

• 5A6237DC-F46E-4E07-9359-8D9EFAA8DF10.jpeg
    5A6237DC-F46E-4E07-9359-8D9EFAA8DF10.jpeg
    389.8 KB · Views: 25
Lots of faxon barrel issues just search the forum. This specific one idk

I probably don’t need to point out the fact that your first mistake was expecting good quality and accuracy out of a Faxon.

If you want good results, buy a good barrel. Faxon isn’t it.

My recommendation to save yourself headaches is send the barrel back and buy something else. i bought one, came in looking like hell, super bad beat up, dents, they had to send me 3 before i got one that looked ok,.. then testing they never put a taper on the breach so that the point of the bullet would lock inside the chamber up against the barrel and not go in the barrel... upon talking with them, even back when trying to get a decent one, they seem to not have any clue to anything about guns or what I was talking about.. looking at every other barrel maker they taper the breach. They were really good at first with getting me a different barrel because of the bad finish and dents from shipping, but the second one they sent was the same as the first, like they didnt even listen to my concern and just grabbed one off the shelf , or bin and sent it out. .. but the more problems I had they ignored me. I even had the "product research and developers" email and they just shut me off. Luckily where I bought it seen the issue, understood it, and accepted it back after several months. They have absolutely no idea what they are doing there and my guess is just hiring highschool kids to fill in and get stuff out the door as fast as they can.