• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6 Dasher brass hydroform or nah ?

Alpha OCD Dasher brass works great for me, easy to get mid-single digit SDs with very little effort.

Lapua all the way, found the Alpha crap comparatively.

Lapua all the way, found the Alpha crap comparatively.

I don’t have one however ....Have a buddy that has had mucho problems with his die

It is a few years old so maybe he has a better gen product now

I don’t have one however ....Have a buddy that has had mucho problems with his die

It is a few years old so maybe he has a better gen product now
Just out of curiosity, what kind of problems?

I think a lot of people who shoot Dasher have come to the conclusion that actually fireforming brass is not that big of a deal. You end with longer necks if you go false shoulder method.
Save some money, buy some Lapua BR brass and FF at 2750-2800fps, you will find that FF loads can be extremely accurate.

Reactions: orkan
Ok
So hydroform is shorter necks ...and I use the false shoulder method and fire form and use up my precious powder and primers to achieve optimal case design.

sure wish it was more plug and play ha

Reactions: tbeasley
If you want plug and play, just get Peterson brass.

My alpha brass has been very good, but it was 6,5CM LRP so I may have missed all the issues people have had using SRP brass. I haven't really looked into what makes the new OCD any different, either.

Either get Hunts long range to hydroform your brass or buy it from him already done. Ive only used his lapua dasher brass and have no issues whatsoever.

Reactions: MakeSawdust
I think a lot of people who shoot Dasher have come to the conclusion that actually fireforming brass is not that big of a deal. You end with longer necks if you go false shoulder method.
Save some money, buy some Lapua BR brass and FF at 2750-2800fps, you will find that FF loads can be extremely accurate.

Two individual 100 round groups fire forming 6 dasher with 107SMK's and 31gr of H4350. Group on right shot from bench, group on left shot prone. 20 round strings, letting it somewhat moderately cool between strings. It got plenty hot. 90 second mover stage hot. ;) This was even with about 10% failure due to creased shoulders on this batch of lapua 6BR I was working with. Shoulders would pierce and not form out... yet the rounds were still falling inside 1/2MOA for 90-95% of the shots.

You can go shoot whatever you want while forming these little guys. Anything other than a big money match, and you're fine. Having said that... peterson sure makes some nice brass...

QY49dH5h.jpg

If you want plug and play, just get Peterson brass.

My alpha brass has been very good, but it was 6,5CM LRP so I may have missed all the issues people have had using SRP brass. I haven't really looked into what makes the new OCD any different, either.

ok
So alpha brass is hit and miss and Peterson is good but hard to get.
Any ideas on wait times for the Peterson’s brass ?

Last edited: