• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6 mm BR users?

dan 534

Private
Minuteman
Dec 9, 2008
North Wales, UK.
Hi. Have just put my .308 Rem 700VS into my local gunsmith for re barrel. Since I acquired my Accuracy International AE its been sitting unused and gathering dust. So its a perfect candidate for custom route.
I have decided to go for a 26 inch heavy Bartlein barrel, with 5R rifling, blue print, Jewell trigger and full bedding of the original HS stock (until i decide what to replace it with). I plan on shooting the 105 A-max and hope to shoot up to 1000 yds as general duty varmint target rifle. Are there many user of this caliber/bullet and what are your experiences with it? Have looked at 6mm BR.com, but any other advice would be useful and appreciated.

Re: 6 mm BR users?

6mmbr.com missed something?
sorry, im just being a smartass because im jealous of your kit.

What twist are you going to use. Plan on a 8 twist for the 95-115. But the best I have found are the 107 Sierra match in the combo with the 8 twist and Varget. The Charge of varget is one I got off of 6mmbr.com and it works. Good Luck

Thanks for replies. Thud, barrel is 1 in 8 twist. Do you find 107 SMK forgiving on seating depth. Varget seems to be THE powder for 6 BR. Have a large stock of Vit N140 so may give that a try. What distances are you guys shooting 6 br at, does it buck the wind well. Sorry about questions but I am looking forward to new barrel and load development!

I try to set just in the lands and .005 out but each barrel is diffrent. I shoot out to 600 yds. The bullet serves me well in Texas wind just read it correctly and practice. Hope this helps.

my friend just tried a load from 6mmbr.com it was the imr 4007ssc load at 31.4 gr of that and a 105 berger jammed .015 lapua brass and a cci br4 it shot .267 for 5 shots at 100y ES was under 25.