• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

$60 PMags at Cheaper Than Dirt!

Re: $60 PMags at Cheaper Than Dirt!

DAMN! That's gouging at its best! Glad I stocked up a couple months back.

Cheaper then dirt is the WORST company ever. They wont sell a cleaning rod for an AR to CA. They fucked up my order and never got some of it. Still waiting 2 years later.....

If that was gas at a gas station they would be in some deep shit.

There's already a couple threads going about this in the Bear Pit.

One guy reported speaking to a "higher up" about their price hikes and was more or less told that they increased prices because of the incredibly high demand.
crazy.gif

If a ban does come through, I hope that they end up sitting on a shitload of merchandise that they have to eat the cost on because they can no longer sell it! F@#$ing ASSCLOWNS!!

Just looked at the web site ............ The firearm link on the left is gone.

Also if you get to the firearm pages though searching it says "CheaperThanDirt.com does not sell firearms." on everything.

I have bought guns from them before.

It is sad...............

Those fuckheads can go choke on a bag of dicks...they fucked up an order of 6.5 Grendel Ammo a couple years back. They basically charged my card in full for a case of ammo knowing they didn't have it in stock (web site indicated in stock).

It took them over a month to issue credit back my card, after I canceled my order, multiple phone calls, and escalating to management. This was the first and last order I placed with them.

Buyer beware
mad.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ORD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There's already a couple threads going about this in the Bear Pit.

One guy reported speaking to a "higher up" about their price hikes and was more or less told that they increased prices because of the incredibly high demand.
crazy.gif

If a ban does come through, I hope that they end up sitting on a shitload of merchandise that they have to eat the cost on because they can no longer sell it! F@#$ing ASSCLOWNS!! </div></div>

If people are willing to pay it then it's simply the law of supply and demand. If no one purchases it at that price they'll lower it until more people are willing to buy. It's basic economics when people make a run on a commodity.

Botach Tactical has them still for $12ish.

Cheaper than dirt is less than 5 miles from my house. I NEVER shop there. They are a bunch of fuckheads and price gougers. They also overcharge for shipping, and the price is higher on some items if you go to the catalog window to pick up an item rather than buy it from them online and pay 2x what shipping actually costs.

FUCK CHEAPER THAN DIRT!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SIG700</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/AMM-223C

Their "LOW PRICE" for 1k rounds of 5.56 NATO- $900 </div></div>

and they dorpped that to $699

They did the same thing back in late 2008 and early 2009 with $699.00/1k of 5.56 ammo.
To me it's an insult. They think most of us are stupid and willing to pay their high ass price.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: c_bass16</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like they finally couldn't take the heat. Pulled the 59.99 listing and are now down to 29.99 on some of the others.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/MAG-079 </div></div>

I wonder how many poor bastards paid $60 a mag.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SirDrinksAlot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: c_bass16</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like they finally couldn't take the heat. Pulled the 59.99 listing and are now down to 29.99 on some of the others.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/MAG-079 </div></div>

I wonder how many poor bastards paid $60 a mag. </div></div>

I hope no one. If they were selling at $60 a mag, I doubt they would have pulled the ad and dropped the price by $30. They probably would have bumped the price even higher!!!!

I'm sure some of you remember last time there was a run on everything gun related when BHO got elected. They pulled the same stunt, jacking prices sky high.

I understand the economics of supply and demand, and I don't mind a business turning a profit. I do not appreciate, and will not support, a vendor that is gouging.

I chose not to do business with them after the last price hike. Fortunately their prices never came down to a level that even tempted me to.

Screw these guys. They are not supporters of the sport. They are blood thirsty sharks.

In addition to ripping people off, they're giving the anti's ammunition by voluntarily stopping sales of "Assault" rifles.

I'm glad my dollars are not supporting their business practices.

Companies should be standing up for themselves and their consumers at a time like this not rolling over. Not getting my monies. Midway is not price gouging, they can have it instead.

I think we someone should file a suit or do something. It's legal to do it to gas stations. I hope CTD shuts down completely! I have saw some gun Co's that shut down a day or 2 just in respect for the Families. if they don't rip you off on the purchase, they always do on the shipping. Midway had them in 20 and 30 today, but would only sale 2 per customer.

I stopped shopping at cheaperthandirt when their shipping and handling went through the roof. To heck with em.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: melloyello</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I stopped shopping at cheaperthandirt when their shipping and handling went through the roof. To heck with em. </div></div>

+1. I actually didn't mind buying somethings from them when they had reasonable shipping prices but now shipping adds a shitton to the total.

The price gouging is ridiculous. Now they have ruger 10/22 25 round mags for $50!

All this commotion about potential bans and putting all the blame of the actions of these psychotic murders upon the firearms they use and using sensational claims to put all firearms and their owners in a bad light is just a shame.

They were the worst gougers after the 2008 elections, ammo, mags everything. Can't believe they stayed in business after that. Stupid friggin sheepeople keep going back for more. Unbelievable.

They are like pawnshops they want to prey on the uneducated.

I haven't used CTD ever since their last price gouging incident but this one takes the cake. On the other hand, if you guys would like a few laughs at their expense, take a look at their Facebook page. They're getting ripped a new one by many of their now former customers.

https://www.facebook.com/cheaperthandirt

Pure bottom feeding assholes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CharlieBravo24</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I haven't used CTD ever since their last price gouging incident but this one takes the cake. On the other hand, if you guys would like a few laughs at their expense, take a look at their Facebook page. They're getting ripped a new one by many of their now former customers.

https://www.facebook.com/cheaperthandirt </div></div>

If you think that's funny read these comments
grin.gif

AvsFan
crazy.gif

My catalog went into the trash. They won't see any of my money.

My best friend ordered 60 (yes, sixty) Pmags from CTD at ~$12 per on Sunday, Dec 16th; the mags were intended to be paid for and split three ways.

A couple days ago, he got an email saying Cheaper Than Dirt was "drop ordering" 50 of his magazines and they would be refunding that expense to his credit card.

The fuckers effectively put a limit on his order, AFTER his order was placed, so they could sell them at f'in ridiculous gouge prices.

CTD blows. Hopefully no one on here will ever buy from them again. I don't care what the price is, I would never buy from them again after there recent behavior recently.

Everybody should flatten out a piece of the crappiest range pick up brass they can find and mail it to them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BoilerUP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My best friend ordered 60 (yes, sixty) Pmags from CTD at ~$12 per on Sunday, Dec 16th; the mags were intended to be paid for and split three ways.

A couple days ago, he got an email saying Cheaper Than Dirt was "drop ordering" 50 of his magazines and they would be refunding that expense to his credit card.

The fuckers effectively put a limit on his order, AFTER his order was placed, so they could sell them at f'in ridiculous gouge prices. </div></div>

Wow thats shitty bus practice period. I wouldnt ever order from them before. Now NO FUCKING WAY PERIOD!

I won't spend a dime there ever again, and I have told a bunch if people as well. I hope this hurts them bad. Unreal...

It gets worse, someone else posted earlier today they got an email saying they now have beta mags in stock, only $499

what is even more sad is that I clicked on the link and they are already out. Can't believe people are actually paying that for mags. Cheaper than dirt needs to change their name

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: c_bass16</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SIG700</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/AMM-223C

Their "LOW PRICE" for 1k rounds of 5.56 NATO- $900 </div></div>

and they dorpped that to $699 </div></div>

Hell its back up to $999.00. Just crazy.

No way in hell...Just because the masses are going batshit doesn't mean I'm going to. 999 for average 556? lol

Thata crazy I bought some a couple a weeks ago at 13 bucks a piece glad I did.

It's sad. I live 5 minutes from them in Ft Worth and they have such a bad reputation for gouging no one I know will shop there anymore. The same day they wanted $59 for a pmag 5 miles up the road at Cabelas you could buy them for $12.99 a piece. I live that close here but I still shop at Midway. What does that tell you about their reputation around here?

Never been a fan of CTD with their ridiculous pricing but they do have a decent deal on ammo from time to time. I stopped by on Friday just to see the craziness for myself. They had some 5.56 ammo listed in the January 2013 catalog for something like 8 dollars and some change and had it in stock. I was actually going to buy some until the guy at the counter informed me that it was now 25 and some change a box. Needles to say, a professional but pointed couple of comments were made in regards to the price gauging. All the salesman did was shrug his shoulders. They've always been a bunch of arrogant pricks but this just tops it.

Stopped buying there when they gouged the shit out of ammo prices last year. Also, they've always been high even before the stupid freak out. They've had some basic AR's running $100 and sometimes $200 over what prices should be. I spotted two 1911's that were about 50 bucks over MSRP.

That is ridiculous, and I'll take my business elsewhere. I refuse to compromise my principals even if I needed the mags.

I won't buy 'em because I have a stockpile. However, if I didn't have any I'd pay $60 a piece to guarantee I ended up with some and not think twice. This is how free markets make sure that those who need them get them, and those that don't don't wipe out the supply.

This is exactly why it's irrational not to let gas stations gouge. If I need that gas, I'll pay a lot more. Instead, people that don't really need it go dry the gas station out 'cuz there's no disincentive not to do so, and thus the gas is poorly allocated.

That said, CTD's prices always suck. I'm not sure how they sell anything, ever.

I note the firearms sales are back on - what kind of shenanigans were they playing?

They were letting everyone else run out so they could jack up the prices.

I told 'em to fuck off. I backordered through Brownell's instead on some 7.62's I needed, they'll have 'em in a couple of weeks now most likely.

Heard Magpul is making 300,000 mags per week now, read on some other site that came up in a search. Shouldn't be long. And when I called them, they said Brownell's is one of, if not the, biggest distributor for them, and that they'll be getting dibs on what goes out first, hence why I went with them.

Sure hope so.

If you need mags, look over at M&A Parts,

m&a parts inc.

They have some I posted about on here for various prices. $20 20rd. Pmags were in stock, a guy here ordered some, another some Troy mags. They even have 50 and 100 count metal mags for marked up, though not nearly as high, prices. But they won't last.