• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

$60k for a base F150?

SilentStalkr

Wonna Be Badass
Minuteman
  • Oct 8, 2012
    Somewhere in the US
    Utterly fucking ridiculous. My dad looking around for a new truck. He likes Ford. I’m not a fan but $60k for an F150 is just stupid. Don’t even get me started on the F350 SD I see for well over $100k. I don’t make bad money but I’d never be able to afford that with any justification. I guess we truly are heading to the you’ll own nothing and be happy. I’m curious how people afford this shit. Constant debt I imagine or living well beyond their means. Fuck. I should have kept my F250!

I looked at a 2017 F350 the other day. 120k miles and looked like someone took a shit on it. Still wanted 60k and some change. That being said, Ford has always been on the high side of price for trucks. They used to have the nicest interiors for what paid. Now days, not so much in my opinion

It's fucking crazy. 12 years ago I bought a new f250 for almost half of what they want for a new one today in the same configuration. Then you have idiots paying another 5-10k over sticker because of the shortage. I can afford one, but there is no way in hell I'd pay that much for a vehicle. I'll keep what I'm driving and repair it as needed.

Ford, as a company, has taken a lot of heat for dealers marking up vehicles. Coupled with the already rising cost.

When I bought my 18 Lariat F150 (inside deal aside) it was $62k out the door. Nice truck, 5.0 V8, loaded with shit i never used.

Fast forward 2 years, and I was looking again, wanting to try a 3.5 in a pickup. The truck tune is higher than the wife's 17 Expo Sport 🤷‍♂️. What I ended up buying was a 2020 XLT F150, with Power Convenience package (302A), 3.5tt, and the same 10spd tranny. After I added leather seats (dealer sent it out for this to be performed); my new XLT was $63k out the door! For a $15k less model option (lariat down to xlt)!

Granted, my xlt is loaded also, and I absolutely love it. But it simply blew my mind that they had gone up so much, in such short time. DEFINITELY worse now, by far. We constantly get calls from our local Ford dealer, wanting to buy my wife's ride back, and try and shuffle us into something silly expensive. Ain't. Happening.

Wife asks me all the time "when are you getting a new truck..."

I tell her NEVER - That 01 F350 7.3L will be my casket. Hopefully not the crumpled, charred, totalled type casket :ROFLMAO::LOL::p
    Mine is a 2000 paid $12000 for it in 05
    I'll never buy a new truck.
    But this one may get rebult? 353,000 on it now so I'll wait and see when I have 150,000 more on it😁

I’m curious how people afford this shit. Constant debt I imagine or living well beyond their means.

It really depends on how you define afford?

But I think you have it, for the 93% of the population of the US, it's constant debt with a plan to work until the day they drop dead.

and the price of used cars right now is making it really hard to save money by buying anything used.

Pickup Truck of the future

1648320774745.png

What’s equally fucking insane is the price tag on used vehicles. It’s absolutely absurd!

No kidding. I paid $31,000.00 for my 2019 Silverado LT in February of 2020. The dealership contacted me a couple of weeks ago offering to buy it back for the same price. Sounds great until you look at the cost to replace it with a comparable truck right now. Things are really getting sideways.

I’m still rockin my 03 6.0. Worth as much today as when I bought it 11 years ago. Only has 126k on it to boot.

Impossible. I read on the internet that those things are junk and can't even make it to 100K.

I briefly considered a 3.5L TT AWD Transit to replace my diesel '04 E-350, but the closest thing I could find to what I want is $62k and it's a striped cargo van. No fucking way; I'll wait this out on the assumption that the coming interest rate spike will crash new and late-model used prices.

Two or three years ago, I was close to scrapping my 2003 F150 FX4 Lariat because it needed coils, plugs and a fuel pump. The cost of labor alone was more than it was worth at that time. Fortunately my daughter and her BF took it on, cost of parts was under $200. (I'm very handy but my health has waned..)

The last time I checked, it was now worth half what I paid for it in 2002. It only has ~80k miles and wear on the driver's seat.

For a Ford? Huh, figured they paid people to drive that crap outta the place.

But seriously, too much nanny shit, smog shit and cheap tech that will fail and be expensive to fix or repair. I like my early 2000’s toyotas and will deal with the lack of power, towing and mileage. If i needed something more than a tundra, id either diesel swap something or buy a cummins dodge of the same era. Prob just stick a 6bt into a toyota…

I like to tease the guys I know who have "leveling kits" on their trucks. I tell them, if your truck needs a leveling kit, it means you don't really need a truck. :D

Sadly the people who actually need trucks can't afford to buy them. They used to be the cheapest thing you could get, then they turned them into giant trendy cars and the prices went ever higher. Which is fine for them and fine for you if you want a $60-90k giant car. But they abandoned the original market with nothing to take it's place. Even a stripped down base model fleet vehicle, if you can find one, is crushing to a poor working man.

6656AA43-CE2E-4FBF-8396-15688D8C65E6.jpeg

Saw this used Tacoma at car max last month. 50K plus tax . This was a low milage used truck.

Local Ford dealer was 20k over MSRP on F150's. They only had a couple on the lot.

Chevrolet was the lowest mark up about 2-5k over MSRP on silverado's depending on model.

• Wow
    Reactions: HiDesertELR
    Impossible. I read on the internet that those things are junk and can't even make it to 100K.

I briefly considered a 3.5L TT AWD Transit to replace my diesel '04 E-350, but the closest thing I could find to what I want is $62k and it's a striped cargo van. No fucking way; I'll wait this out on the assumption that the coming interest rate spike will crash new and late-model used prices.
    EGR delete. New lugs. Bulletproofed. 4” exhaust. Upgraded inter cooler. It’ll run forever

Wife asks me all the time "when are you getting a new truck..."

I tell her NEVER - That 01 F350 7.3L will be my casket. Hopefully not the crumpled, charred, totalled type casket :ROFLMAO::LOL::p
    No doubt. I have a 2002 f250 and when I look at the prices of new trucks, I know it's probably the last one I will own.

During this pandemic I bought a 2021 Ford Ranger Tremor. I hated it to its core so 7,000 miles later I sold it FOR MORE THAN I PAID WITH TAX. The 2.3 engine sucks ass and the transmission was jerky and the body panel alignment was about what you'd expect from a Russian car... list goes on. Went and bought a used Lexus LS430 from an old guy who only put 86K miles on it since 2002. He wasn't aware he could have charged $3K more so I took his asking price and have been happy ever since. Would not be surprised if I have this car for another 10 years...

Reactions: Bender and Jgunner
    What would a near mint condition 2000 F250 Lariat, CC, 4x4, 7.3 diesel, with 160,000 highway miles sell for? It is a one owner and garage kept.

I bought my 2010 ram 2500 for $14,000 in 2018. It’s easily worth $10,000 more today.

Utterly fucking ridiculous. My dad looking around for a new truck. He likes Ford. I’m not a fan but $60k for an F150 is just stupid. Don’t even get me started on the F350 SD I see for well over $100k. I don’t make bad money but I’d never be able to afford that with any justification. I guess we truly are heading to the you’ll own nothing and be happy. I’m curious how people afford this shit. Constant debt I imagine or living well beyond their means. Fuck. I should have kept my F250!
    Nah. Cause when enough no longer can afford to buy. They will drop price, or declare bankruptcy!

Reactions: SilentStalkr
    A couple years ago I put a few upgrades on my 2001 7.3 F250 from Riff Raff Diesel. The head cross over line, the warm up delete, fuel pressure spring, bigger fuel bolts in the heads and I shimmed the injectors and just a couple weeks ago I replaced the battery cables. It's only got 265K on it and should be the last truck I will own because I won't pony out what they want for new or used.
    I remember in 08 all the people ditching their diesels for a gas truck and taking a beating in doing so. I figured that I could buy a lot of diesel for the price difference. It didn't take long for people to kick themselves for getting rid of their diesels.

Give it a few more months and they will be practically giving them away.
    A few months? I think at least a year.
    Production would have to catch up to demand first and ford says there not going to load up the dealerships anymore moving to a order what you want model.
    But I hope your correct because I would like a new truck.

Reactions: Bradu
    A few months? I think at least a year.
    Production would have to catch up to demand first and ford says there not going to load up the dealerships anymore moving to a order what you want model.
    But I hope your correct because I would like a new truck.

I read that about ford. I'm sure the days of getting big incentives are gone for good if they do that.

I gave serious consideration to a fully complimented Tundra... then, " you can order it, but we can't promise even within 9 months that the one that comes in for is what you ordered?... Now, fuel going to $6, $7, $8 or more, and at best at 12 miles per gallon??? not going to a truck, ever... will stay with an AWD wagon, built for offroad use if necessary

Use Ford X-Plan pricing or Costco, etc and order it. If the dealer won’t honor the pricing, find a new dealer, but don’t be in a rush if you can absolutely avoid it.

Gas prices will help, but not soon. I give it a year of high inflation, rising interest rates and a flat market, along with recession threats, things will level back out.

It's crazy, but unfortunately like most consumer issues, the consumer is making their own pain. If there's one thing the last two years have taught car manufacturers, it's that they were selling cars TOO cheap. Just look at all the people that are willing to pay $5-10-20-30k over MSRP to get their new toy. Heck it's only been really a year and consumers have already been conditioned to thinking paying full MSRP is a "deal". As a manufacturer when you see your dealers selling your product for 20% over MSRP, that only sends one message (aside the PR BS they put out telling dealers to stop it, but not actually doing anything about it) and that's that they need to increase MSRP because clearly people will happily pay it. GM is no better, lots of lots charing $5-10k over MSRP, most won't honor discounts. You can still find stuff if you really hunt but it's getting harder and harder.

Worse yet, now with shortages, not only are people paying MSRP, but they are ordering vehicles with options they want, but can't get. They are so desperate to get their new toy, they are going to take a vehicle without features they wanted and still pay MSRP or more for it. Funny part is when all these 22's with low trim and missing features show up for trade or selling they are going to take a huge loss.

Evidently the other new game that is starting is that companies will give you a delivery date, but if you buy the highest trim and expensive add-ons etc, you can essentially "buy" a sooner delivery time.

I have a 2012 Chevy 1500 6.2 max tow package truck that I got for like 41k in late 2013 (it sat on a lot for a year). I wanted that b/c it’s sort of like a race truck that can still go off road and haul a ton and pull a boat. 373 gears. 6 speed was it back then (Alison)

It’s only got 73k miles on it.

I went on chevys site and built a decked out 1500 6.2 max tow (can only get 349 gears now with 10 speed)

It came out to 61k if I order. I don’t think dealers are participating in the employee discount anymore (greed)

I built a Ford as similar as I could. lariat. V8. 373 gears. It came out to 62.5k

Of course a Chevy is a way better truck and would be my choice

However, I just can’t make myself order one. I’ll keep what I got. Just needs some new rims/tires. Shocks. Rotors. Other minor new replacements like door handles and front bumper panels. Good radio/speakets with gps screen.

Fuck it, might as well keep it and save my money for the time being.

Plus, I can put a diablew tune on it and cai. I know it will get up 120mph with that minor addition. Yes, I like wasting gas, but not so much these days

With diesel at $6.50 a gallon I'm glad I got rid of my 1995 F350 Powerstroke. I bought a 1999 F250 V10 for $6500 with 104k
    on it. Only use it when I need to pick up 12' material. The old Ranger does all the regular work. Getting 14.5 mpg with the V10 and
    25 with the Ranger.

Reactions: Bender
    Passing through town I saw this 2022 supercrew basic XL with plain V6, $43k out the door in TN including tax and tags. No dealer markup on the base models there. I was so impressed with the dealer, I ordered a similar truck and will fly out in 3 months to pick it up.

Attachments

• 20220401_115457.jpg
      20220401_115457.jpg
      898.7 KB · Views: 34
    Reactions: AMGtuned
    Passing through town I saw this 2022 supercrew basic XL with plain V6, $43k out the door in TN including tax and tags. No dealer markup on the base models there. I was so impressed with the dealer, I ordered a similar truck and will fly out in 3 months to pick it up.
    What’s the max tow and payload?

anyone else see this gold in a thread complaining about money ?

😂🤣😂🤣😂

View attachment 7842023
    Dick face: I wasn't complaining at all. If you read my post; you'd see that I not only bought one $60+k truck, but I liked it so much, I bought another.

I'd also like to commend you on how small your balls are, yet you can still find them. Should've just quoted or tagged me, so I'd know that you were snickering behind my back. Like a fucking 3rd grade girl.

I ain't rich, but I ain't poor either. We do alright around here. One thing I'm certain of though: you can go fuck yourself.

😘😘

Dick face: I wasn't complaining at all. If you read my post; you'd see that I not only bought one $60+k truck, but I liked it so much, I bought another.

I'd also like to commend you on how small your balls are, yet you can still find them. Should've just quoted or tagged me, so I'd know that you were snickering behind my back. Like a fucking 3rd grade girl.

I ain't rich, but I ain't poor either. We do alright around here. One thing I'm certain of though: you can go fuck yourself.

😘😘

I know you are illiterate white trash but I was laughing because OP was complaining and you came in and were like “well I spent money, then spent money”

and your own signature is all…ehh I have money….so I was laughing at OP, not you.

So you were NOT the joke, but the one flexing.

But you being illiterate white trash you thought I was teasing you but I was poping your collar. 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

Then you attack my testicles and tell me to go fuck myself. 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

The bear is fucking GOLD!

P.S. I’m Diamond coated, you are gonna have to try a LOT harder. 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣🤣😂

And I still think your first post was awesome but your reply to me was 100x more funny. 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

And you ended with “kisses” 🤌🔥

😎🍾

I like you. 😂🤣

Last edited:
    Reactions: AMGtuned
    I know you are illiterate white trash but I was laughing because OP was complaining and you came in and were like “well I spent money, then spent money and your own signature is all…ehh I have money….so I was laughing at OP, not you.

But you being illiterate white trash you thought I was teasing you but I was poping your collar. 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

P.S. I’m Diamond coated, you are gonna have to try a LOT harder. 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣🤣😂

And I still think your first post was awesome but your reply to me was 100x more funny. 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

😎🍾

I like you. 😂🤣
    Are ya’ll going to fuck?

Are ya’ll going to fuck?
    Nah.

I’ve got a primer for sale ad in the bear pit and im Getting offered ZJ’s and Dutch Rudders.

I just wandered in here to watch the poors cry and a rich guy was swinging a purse full of cash and I got hit in the mouth for laughing.

But you walk into the bear pit and shit already a whirlwind of fun 😂🤣

I know you are illiterate white trash but I was laughing because OP was complaining and you came in and were like “well I spent money, then spent money and your own signature is all…ehh I have money….so I was laughing at OP, not you.

😎🍾

I like you. 😂🤣
    I wear the badge proudly.

And I thought my reading was doing well; where I had got this far within this dumpster fire. 🤷‍♂️

Nah.

I’ve got a primer for sale ad in the bear pit and im Getting offered ZJ’s and Dutch Rudders.

I just wandered in here to watch the poors cry and a rich guy hit me with his purse full of cash.

But you walk into the bear pit and shit already a whirlwind of fun 😂🤣
    The bear pit is the best place on the interwebs.

I just bought a 2022 Sierra AT4 and I called GM directly and told them I wanted a truck and the specs and didn’t want to pay a market adjustment or have an added protection package the dealers are adding. I was on hold for 5 mins They found the truck and connected me with the dealer. I had to wait for it to come in but it was the east.

Reactions: gigamortis
    I found my 19 F150 XL 4x4 with 18000 miles in December of 19 for $30000 all in out the door. I guess timing is everything. Kelly Blue Book has a private sale price of what I paid for it. If I had a beater to drive I’d sell and wait out this bs.

Reactions: BCP