• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

6BR in AI rifle?

Covertnoob5

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Feb 12, 2017
    SoCal
    Hey guys, any shooting a 6br in an AI and it feeds reliably?? Been looking at getting back into an AI but I’m shooting 6br and don’t want to switch calibers. Thanks!

Reactions: Graywolf.260
    I think I remember hearing on the everyday snipe podcast that Adam from Mile High is running a 6BRAI in an AX for competition

I was shooting 6br from my ax308 for a few years, it fed ok but wasn’t the best.
    Wasn’t competing with it just range stuff, so it didn’t matter.
    Last year I got the mag adapter from mile high.
    Feels perfectly, no issues at all.

Reactions: Covertnoob5
    I’m running 6BRA in my AX, it feeds perfectly. I’m using the HRD mag kits. I haven’t had an issue for over 3000rds. I haven’t put the rifle on it’s side, but run it in monthly club matches from Rifles Only or other Sotex matches and never had an issue.

I was shooting 6br from my ax308 for a few years, it fed ok but wasn’t the best.
    Wasn’t competing with it just range stuff, so it didn’t matter.
    Last year I got the mag adapter from mile high.
    Feels perfectly, no issues at all.

I have the HRD kit in my AWs right now for my Vector action. Did you have to adjust the mags at all besides the kit?

I have a BRX Benchmark Barrel for my AIAX being spun up right now as well as a few HRD kits. I can't wait to burn out the 6 creed barrel and move over to the 6brx!!

I've been running 6br in my AT for the past 6 months with about 1200 rounds down the barrel. The only modification I made was the HRD mag kits and they have run great with no issues. I do have to run my bolt just a smidge faster than the bigger cases when ejecting, otherwise the case flops back into the action. I've used it in local matches as well as a 2 day match.

I've got a bra getting spun soon for my AT. As long as you have a mag kit, you'll run them like any other action will

Been shooting the 6BR (gradous spun up) in my AI/AX with the HRD mag adapters for about a year. No Issues, feeds fine.