• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6BR in AI rifle?

Covertnoob5

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Feb 12, 2017
    SoCal
    Hey guys, any shooting a 6br in an AI and it feeds reliably?? Been looking at getting back into an AI but I’m shooting 6br and don’t want to switch calibers. Thanks!

Reactions: Graywolf.260
    I think I remember hearing on the everyday snipe podcast that Adam from Mile High is running a 6BRAI in an AX for competition

I was shooting 6br from my ax308 for a few years, it fed ok but wasn’t the best.
    Wasn’t competing with it just range stuff, so it didn’t matter.
    Last year I got the mag adapter from mile high.
    Feels perfectly, no issues at all.

Reactions: Covertnoob5
    I’m running 6BRA in my AX, it feeds perfectly. I’m using the HRD mag kits. I haven’t had an issue for over 3000rds. I haven’t put the rifle on it’s side, but run it in monthly club matches from Rifles Only or other Sotex matches and never had an issue.

I was shooting 6br from my ax308 for a few years, it fed ok but wasn’t the best.
    Wasn’t competing with it just range stuff, so it didn’t matter.
    Last year I got the mag adapter from mile high.
    Feels perfectly, no issues at all.

I have the HRD kit in my AWs right now for my Vector action. Did you have to adjust the mags at all besides the kit?

No adjustment. Just put in the spacer and went to the range

I have a BRX Benchmark Barrel for my AIAX being spun up right now as well as a few HRD kits. I can't wait to burn out the 6 creed barrel and move over to the 6brx!!

I've been running 6br in my AT for the past 6 months with about 1200 rounds down the barrel. The only modification I made was the HRD mag kits and they have run great with no issues. I do have to run my bolt just a smidge faster than the bigger cases when ejecting, otherwise the case flops back into the action. I've used it in local matches as well as a 2 day match.

I've got a bra getting spun soon for my AT. As long as you have a mag kit, you'll run them like any other action will

Been shooting the 6BR (gradous spun up) in my AI/AX with the HRD mag adapters for about a year. No Issues, feeds fine.