• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes 6MM ARC: VUDU 5-25 vs ATACR 4-16x42

Which

• Vudu

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • ATACR

Votes: 15 71.4%

• Total voters

zekers7

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 26, 2017
Looking for more top end on a 6mm arc build thats shooting roughly 1/3 moa consistently. Originally had a LPVO but given its performance its getting a higher mag range for shooting regularly (intended p) out to 500 with occasional trips to 1000+

Goal is a "lightweight" compact optic. Dont love the MK5HD so im left with the VUDU 5-25 T3 reticle or a ATACR 4-16x42 with Mil XT

I've only had experience with the ATACR and am very happy with it. It is on an SPR build and my only complaint is that I wish it was a 2-16X for closer work.

I have the Vudu, 5-25/T3 and a Mark 5, 3.6-18/T3. Looking at published data, the Vudu is around 1 oz lighter than the ATACR and weighs a 2-3 oz more than the MK5. The Vudu is a solid optic.

The Vudu is robust and the controls are super smooth. I also like the tool-less knob setting as I can easily change the zero between about three different 5.56 loads. This may not be a pro for you shooting a dedicated 6 ARC.

My only complaints are the size of the windage dial/cap, short tube mounting challenges, and the illumination could be better.

Its large windage turret size makes running an offset red dot difficult. I wish the Vudu's windage knob was the size of the MK5's dial.

The Vudu's short tube makes it also more challenging to mount. You will have to do your homework to find a mount which works. Scalarworks, Larue and other work but there is definitely some that don't.

If you have any specific questions, I can try to answer.

I have the Vudu, 5-25/T3 and a Mark 5, 3.6-18/T3. Looking at published data, the Vudu is around 1 oz lighter than the ATACR and weighs a 2-3 oz more than the MK5. The Vudu is a solid optic.

The Vudu is robust and the controls are super smooth. I also like the tool-less knob setting as I can easily change the zero between about three different 5.56 loads. This may not be a pro for you shooting a dedicated 6 ARC.

My only complaints are the size of the windage dial/cap, short tube mounting challenges, and the illumination could be better.

Its large windage turret size makes running an offset red dot difficult. I wish the Vudu's windage knob was the size of the MK5's dial.

The Vudu's short tube makes it also more challenging to mount. You will have to do your homework to find a mount which works. Scalarworks, Larue and other work but there is definitely some that don't.

If you have any specific questions, I can try to answer.

I owned a Vudu 5-25 for a while, and liked most aspects of the scope considering the price I paid for it, but the CA was absolutely horrendous, to the point that it made it difficult to discern the edges of targets in some lighting.

Have you noticed significant CA with your Vudu?

Reactions: Quintus
Mine does have some CA, but I don't notice it unless super bright sky. I just looked through the optic and yes CA is there but I have 8" of snow on the ground on a bright day in CO. I have shot with the optic in CO, MO and UT and mostly encountered dark landscapes. Comparing it to a Vortex LHT 4.5-22, the Vortex handles the bright sky and snow better. Mentioning the Vortex, the LHT would be a good option for an AR in 6 ARC.

Reactions: Tx_Aggie
Mine does have some CA, but I don't notice it unless super bright sky. I just looked through the optic and yes CA is there but I have 8" of snow on the ground on a bright day in CO. I have shot with the optic in CO, MO and UT and mostly encountered dark landscapes. Comparing it to a Vortex LHT 4.5-22, the Vortex handles the bright sky and snow better. Mentioning the Vortex, the LHT would be a good option for an AR in 6 ARC.
I actually just got the HD LHT today. Decided the 21oz was a huge benefit and couldnt be happier with the quality of the optic.

Reactions: carbonbased