• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6mm BR Lapua Brass or 6 Dasher w/ trimmed Norma brass (don't want to fireform)

I got 2 of them...and ...I added lead weight to the hollow area under bag rider plate. About right weight now in rear and with new 26" barrel should be good.

before going with norma dasher brass, try alpha. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised!

Reactions: King_beardsly
The first 20k pieces of alpha brass should be arriving at A-team precision for their preorder this coming week.

Does anyone know if Norma stopped making their 6mm Dasher brass? All suppliers seem to be out of it and some are saying it is out of production. My current barrel is for the long neck Norma Dasher brass and I am in the process of having a new barrel chambered. I would like to use the Norma long neck brass but I am not sure it will be available

Bullets.com used to be the sole importer but then they closed shop grafs took it over. If they are out of stock I would call them and see if they have an expected delivery date.

Now I’m on the hunt for the Norma to trim down, turns out the alpha has some issues after the first firing.

What issues are you having?
I’ve had some fun ones so far and I’ve only going into the third firing on the brass. I’ve had pressure signs on the case head at relatively low pressure nodes, cratered primers (cci450) at lower nodes, weird bullet slip after the first firing causing me to get a tighter bushing then recommend by alpha. I’ve talked to the guys at alpha pretty extensively, sent them all the measurements off my brass to compare it against their standards for case dimensions and everything is with in spec except the slightly thinner neck.

I figured I’d save time and money with factory brass offering, but it seems I’ve spent more time and money trying to diagnose the weird stuff then it’s been worth. I like Alpha’s products but I’ve got a slight sour taste in my mouth now from this, and I’m shocked my “shitty” federal brass I’ve used/abused in my 6creed is holding up stellar.

Last edited:
What is weird bullet slip?

Lack of neck tension?
Pretty much, but it seated like it had proper tension and then I’d be able to push the bullet until it contacted powder and then be able to pull the bullet by finger till it hit the tight spot. In a few cases I was able to pull the bullet out of the case completely with just my fingers.

I’ve had some fun ones so far and I’ve only going into the third firing on the brass. I’ve had pressure signs on the case head at relatively low pressure nodes, cratered primers (cci450) at lower nodes, weird bullet slip after the first firing causing me to get a tighter bushing then recommend by alpha. I’ve talked to the guys at alpha pretty extensively, sent them all the measurements off my brass to compare it against their standards for case dimensions and everything is with in spec except the slightly thinner neck.

I figured I’d save time and money with factory brass offering, but it seems I’ve spent more time and money trying to diagnose the weird stuff then it’s been worth. I like Alpha’s products but I’ve got a slight sour taste in my mouth now from this, and I’m shocked my “shitty” federal brass I’ve used/abused in my 6creed is holding up stellar.
What powder are you using?

I find this with the Norma brass as well. It thins out and needs to be annealed, trimmed and sized one smaller. That’s not unique to Alpha. I get about 3 firing before I start getting inconsistent neck tension.

When from a .267 down to .266

Varget
Varget is known to have some pressure spiking issues in the dasher. Try running rl16 or h4350. You wont be able to hit pressure with either of those but i found they worked way more consistently in my dashers running lapua brass.

I find this with the Norma brass as well. It thins out and needs to be annealed, trimmed and sized one smaller. That’s not unique to Alpha. I get about 3 firing before I start getting inconsistent neck tension.
I got one firing before it happened, but that might have just been a fluke with my brass.

Varget is known to have some pressure spiking issues in the dasher. Try running rl16 or h4350. You wont be able to hit pressure with either of those but i found they worked way more consistently in my dashers running lapua brass.
I thought about trying H4350 since I run that in my 6cheatmoor and would streamline some stuff.