• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6mm Build Complete

Benhonda1

Private
Minuteman
Jan 22, 2012
Iowa
I have completed my 6mm build, went with a proof 20in barrel, radian mod1 builders kit, Timney trigger etc. etc. I have put on for now a vortex tactical 4-16 power scope and was wondering if better options are available. I think illuminated reticle would be nice to have and keep it around 800-dollar mark. Ideas?

Attachments

• thumbnail_20240113_171506.jpg
    thumbnail_20240113_171506.jpg
    341.8 KB · Views: 76
Watch Euro Optic and places like that for closeouts and demos. I got a new Trijicon Tenmile for over 50% off.

Check RKB Armory. They buy/sell used optics.

Also check here on the for sale listings. Be careful with whom you deal, though.

Edit To Add: MSTN speaks Gospel when he recommends the NX8. I have two 2.5-20 F1s. Only thing I’d change is I’d buy the F2 next time.

Nice build. 6ARC, I'm guessing?

Are you leaning toward more of a hunting platform, competition, or just range fun?

I'd second saving up and trying to reach the $1000-$2000 range for optics. NX8, Leupold Mk5HD, Steiner T6Xi, Ziess S3 are all favorites on here. Though, the Mk5HD doesn't have illumination standard, just fyi.

If you go NX8, I know a few folks prefer the 4-32 over the 2.5-20 model for better eye relief, DOF, and glass quality. If you search, @mrtoyz, he has a few good write-ups on it.

Or if you're set on staying sub-$1000, the Burris XTRIIIi 3-18 is probably your best bet. Look at Expert Voice and see if you can qualify for an account. They're a pretty good deal on there.

lol! I am definitely no expert, just a dude.
Agree with above, if you’re stuck on $1000 go Burris XTR3. If you can save up, look at NX8 or Zeiss S3. Don’t be afraid of the used market. Do your research, know what your looking for, and find a deal!

Reactions: Benhonda1