• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6mm Creedmoor or 22 Creedmoor?

BigTy313

BigTy
Minuteman
  • Dec 22, 2018
    MI
    I am currently building a gun to go coyote hunting with as well as just shoot for fun. I am between these two cartridges, any advice?

If you’re gonna compete then 6mm.
    Other wise the 22 creed is pretty badass.
    Not ever competing with this rig. It will just be a fun gun, and predator hunting gun. The only thing that I love about the 6mm creedmoor is the availability of ammo. I am just wondering how many people hunt with the 6 creed

Not ever competing with this rig. It will just be a fun gun, and predator hunting gun. The only thing that I love about the 6mm creedmoor is the availability of ammo. I am just wondering how many people hunt with the 6 creed
    If you care about ammo then go 6 as 22 creed ammo doesn’t really exist outside of boutique shops.
    If you reload then it’s the same either way which I was assuming you did.

If you’re just plinking a 22 creedmoor is fine but reloading is a must.

I hunt with both...
    Dedicated coyote gun I’d go 22 CM all day although I’ve had zero problems killing deer and big hogs with mine.

Reactions: jrkotz
    What powders are you mad dogs running in these hot rod 22cms? Loving those MVs. That is a flat, hard hitting pill at that speed...

What powders are you mad dogs running in these hot rod 22cms? Loving those MVs. That is a flat, hard hitting pill at that speed...
    rl26 for the 85rdf in this 26" barrel but Ill probably do h4350 with a 77 tmk on the next 18" barrel.

Not a creed but 22LRV (6XC parent)
    25" kreiger
    95 smk
    3140 at 37.6gr H4350
    Probably 2 grains below max

Both are great rounds - I've got a 6 Creed and I'm having a 22 Creed spun up here shortly.

what Bergers bullets are you guys running that are shooting the 22 creed for coyotes at long distance ?