• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6mmCreed vs 6xc vs 6x47 vs 6 Crusader

Just checked the speed on my new GAP V2 suppressed 6 Creed to confirm my range card. I checked it from 200M out to 850M in near perfect conditions. The barrel has sped up quite a bit after 215 rounds through it. I'm getting 3100fps with 105 Hy's with 41.8grs H4350. Brass has been primed three times, and the pockets still feel like new. I'm using Tula Large Rifle Mag primers.

IMO, 3100 with a .550BC bullet will get a lot done. If I think I need more to win a comp, I'll use my 6.5 SAUM and lauch 130 JLK's at 3250. These medium capacity 6's are what they....if a guy pushes the velocity/pressure envelope with them, he'll end up with problems. That's not a guess.....

H4831sc would work at the cost of 100 fps. I've used 44.5 gr h4831sc with 105 hy in my 243, it yields3040. Same rifle with 41.8 h4350 gets me 3130. I get 12+ firings on cheap Winchester brass that i match prep.

One too many steps, Creed requires only passing 250 brass thru Creed die then shoot, the shell on the left was a 22-250 case, right is a Hornady 6 Creed case, other pic is right before I fired them, should've got the Creed :):)
dwRqTzS.jpg

u3ddagv.jpg

How much shorter is your 6mm creedmoor brass formed from 22-250 than your chamber is? The fact is, 22-250 can be used to make a piece of 6xc brass that is the length it should be to properly fit the chamber.

You guys are running seriously large amounts of H4350 in that case. No wonder you only get a few firings. Has anyone tried H4831SC?

It's not a 6creed but I'm using H4831 in my 6.5 creed because I could find it. With 45.5gr it was running 2760FPS out of my 26" AINA Bartlien from the get go. It's got about 280 rounds on it now and judging by my POI raising at distance this weekend it has sped up. I changed the dope and it's matching up to 2800-2820FPS but I will chrono this weekend. The best part is the low pressures and the powder that was available. My buddy runs H4350 in his and gets about the same velocity.

With a smaller hole and similar capacity I can only imagine it working a little better. If you have it on hand I would definitely give it a shot.

My experience has been that in most any cartridge, you can match H4350s performance with H4831sc. It comes down to case capacity and whether or not there's room enough.

I'd imagine x47 doesn't have enough capacity to hit top speed with H4831sc, but 243 and 6SLR sure can (amongst many others).

Dunno how the SC would make the barrel last appreciably longer though.

My experience has been that in most any cartridge, you can match H4350s performance with H4831sc. It comes down to case capacity and whether or not there's room enough.

I'd imagine x47 doesn't have enough capacity to hit top speed with H4831sc, but 243 and 6SLR sure can (amongst many others).

Dunno how the SC would make the barrel last appreciably longer though.

H-4831sc works great in longer barrels for 6x47L. It's what I use. 43.1 grains in a 30" barrel gives me 3150 fps. That particular barrel doesn't even have 250 rounds through it yet. The load density is perfect and pressures are medium. Hoping for better barrel life because it's a slower powder for the case???

It's not a 6creed but I'm using H4831 in my 6.5 creed because I could find it. With 45.5gr it was running 2760FPS out of my 26" AINA Bartlien from the get go. It's got about 280 rounds on it now and judging by my POI raising at distance this weekend it has sped up. I changed the dope and it's matching up to 2800-2820FPS but I will chrono this weekend. The best part is the low pressures and the powder that was available. My buddy runs H4350 in his and gets about the same velocity.

What bullet are you using in your 6.5 at 2760fps figure.

How much shorter is your 6mm creedmoor brass formed from 22-250 than your chamber is? The fact is, 22-250 can be used to make a piece of 6xc brass that is the length it should be to properly fit the chamber.

Yup, my formed 250 brass is same length as 6xc brass, 1.901", but I'm not using 250 brass, just firreformed a couple pieces just to see how they turned out.

Yup, my formed 250 brass is same length as 6xc brass, 1.901", but I'm not using 250 brass, just firreformed a couple pieces just to see how they turned out.

Fireformed with a bullet and if so what was the accuracy while fireforming or did you use one of the other ways to fireform a case? I'm asking because if there was say 1moa of accuracy while fireforming I would be fine with practicing with that to get the fireformed cases. Hell 2 weeks of practice and I've got 300 peices ready to go and ill buy lapua 22-250 brass which I know will last a long ass time at any pressure I push it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

And I would just keep this barrel which has 1220 rounds in it in a random 700 action just for that special purpose.

Then why r u promoting it as something that could/should be done in leu of using hornady 6.5 creedmoor brass?

Then why r u promoting it as something that could/should be done in lieu of using hornady 6.5 creedmoor brass?
Not in lieu of 6.5CM brass, just an alternative if you don't want to use Hornady brass.

Fireformed with a bullet and if so what was the accuracy while fireforming or did you use one of the other ways to fireform a case? I'm asking because if there was say 1moa of accuracy while fireforming I would be fine with practicing with that to get the fireformed cases. Hell 2 weeks of practice and I've got 300 pieces ready to go and ill buy lapua 22-250 brass which I know will last a long ass time at any pressure I push it.

Only took 2 shots and one of them shots was into 4 milk jugs filled with water, let's just say I'd hate to be a varmint on the other side of a 6CM barrel.:)

Not in lieu of 6.5CM brass, just an alternative if you don't want to use Hornady brass.

Only took 2 shots and one of them shots was into 4 milk jugs filled with water, let's just say I'd hate to be a varmint on the other side of a 6CM barrel.:)

I'm going to pick up some 22-250 and do some fireforming accuracy test. Some calibers shoot lights out during the fireforming process which would be great. I would swap to lapua if that's the case after the 800 peices of this 6mm hornady i have gets 4-5 firings and it becomes useless to me with my load.

I'm going to pick up some 22-250 and do some fireforming accuracy test. Some calibers shoot lights out during the fireforming process which would be great. I would swap to lapua if that's the case after the 800 peices of this 6mm hornady i have gets 4-5 firings and it becomes useless to me with my load.

There is a good chance Lapua will make donuts, just know that going in and neck turning may be involved. Winchester and Remington brass should form with out them.

Not 22-250 to 6 creed, but my fireform 243AI load will do .3-.6" with 105 hy@3090. The AI load is 47.5 h4831sc at 3280, barrel has sped up some but it still bugholes

There is a good chance Lapua will make donuts, just know that going in and neck turning may be involved. Winchester and Remington brass should form with out them.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll try some Winchester and go from there.

If I think I need more to win a comp, I'll use my 6.5 SAUM and lauch 130 JLK's at 3250.

If I'm not mistaken, that is well above the velocity limitations for most matches. The highest fps I've seen allowed is 3150. Plus, isn't the 6.5 SAUM considered cheat'n ? … ;)

We're both running the 140 hybrid. I guess that's an important detail.

Sorry to bring up an old post, but what speeds are you getting with the 140hybrid? I could only get my hold overs (517yds 8.5moa) (1025yds 25.25moa) When I ran it through a chrony it showed 2950fps with 47gr h4831sc. I am obviously running right on the edge on pressure. I know it's over max, and I've never ran over 45.5 through my 260's but it lists the 142smk for 48gr and the 140's at 45.7????? This is a 260, and my 6mm Crusader had 1800rds through it before it went, but it should be back this weekend.