• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6XC from APA kicks A$$ !!!

hombre

Team S.W.A.G
Minuteman
Oct 22, 2008
ga, jackson lake
I have to give a shout out to Jered at APA for putting my new 6XC tube on. He did the original build in 260 and it shot lights out!
So I headed up to his shop mid day just to drop it off. We talked for a little while and shot the crap just about everything. It started getting a little late and was about to head to the house when he asked if was willing to stay late and we would put it together tonight. Lets just say I didn't give him a chance to back out of that one!

Well, long story short I rolled out of there at 1:30am with a complete rifle ready to go. After a few days I got around to doing some load testing. I tried varget, H414, RL19, and IMR4350. I can't get my hands on H4350 or I would have tried it as well. The IMR4350 is what the doc ordered. I ended up running 41.2 with a 105 hybrid with very little pressure signs and getting 3160fps. So last Saturday I was able to take it out to distance to see what I needed to tweak to fine tune and only loaded up 20rds. Dialed in for zero and had to tweak it a little and then shot out to 330yds. Elevation was good so then I took it out to 465 and the elevation was still good there as well. So I take it out to 885yds and shot a three round group and was a little low and a little left. I shot another three shot group at .1mil to the right putting me just about right as far as windage goes. Then the last two rds I dialed in to center. The first 3 shot group ended up 1.1" and the 2nd 3 shot group was 1.83". That being said that put me around 75 rds thru the barrel and this was still for load development. I don't think that I have to do any further testing (grin!).

Thanks again Jered for doing what you do to make sure we are up and running and building sick ass sticks like this!!!

Looks fantastic. If it's anything like your APA 260 was it's a laser beam! Congrats. We all need to get together!

man when jered gets to talkin shop, im all ears. i try to soak all the wisdom in possible. dang sharp guy and the rifles speak for themselves. congrats.

6XC is one of the best cartridges out there. Beautiful rifle, and awesome shooting.

Ole Jered can build em, thats for sure. My XC from him was AMAZING!!!

Just to try and give you a HUGE word of advice. If you are running 3160 with a 105.....SLOW IT BACK A 100 FPS. If it rains while shooting a 105 that fast you will be peircing/breaking stuff. I promise you that. I know from experience. A 105 Hybrid around 3060 is magical

Congrats on the fine builid

Thanks for all the great comments. I was able to get some good dope out to 700yds in 100yd increments. It's pretty nice to be able to get to 700yds with only 3.5mils! Jered sure knows how to put the magic in a rifle. I'm pretty lucky he's only 1:45min from my house. This rifle is so well balanced with the 5.75 contour it will be awesome to shoot positional shots over the heavier contour of 7.2. The rifle is an absolute hammer!!! I can't wait to run this thing next weekend up at Creekside. I'll give an update after next weekends shoot.

Thanks

Well, the 6XC did not disappoint !!! I was able to get another win with it today. I wish I would have taken a pic of the 3" dots at 300yds. First shot was 1" from center, corrected for wind and center punched the next 3 and 1-2" bonus shot. The gun shot like a house on fire!!! There isn't any recoil, it just sits there. This is probably the best shooting rifle I've had yet and I have had some damn good ones.

I can tell you one thing, my dumbass had to scramble on the last stage when I got out of order on the target sequence. Probably only one target separated us over the whole day. If Jim is there you had better bring your A-game! As always Jim its a pleasure shooting with you and all the guys that shoot at Creekside.

Thanks

Last edited:
I can tell you one thing, my dumbass had to scramble on the last stage when I got out of order on the target sequence. Probably only one target separated us over the whole day. If Jim is there you had better bring your A-game! As always Jim its a pleasure shooting with you and all the guys that shoot at Creekside.

Thanks
Great shooting, Hombre! What genre of shooting have you been shooting? F-class, 600BR?

I have mostly been shooting precision rifle type matches in the PRS series and some local tactical / sniper challenges. I have never shot any type of match where it is only on paper. All the matches I've shot is mostly on steel and maybe a couple stages where they will have some type of dot or dots to shoot at.

I have mostly been shooting precision rifle type matches in the PRS series and some local tactical / sniper challenges. I have never shot any type of match where it is only on paper. All the matches I've shot is mostly on steel and maybe a couple stages where they will have some type of dot or dots to shoot at.

Id like to see you enter a 600yd BR comp with that rig, me thinks you'd do very well, Ill be shooting one next sunday with my 6 Creed, just have to hope for a calm day, I dont shoot well in any kinda wind.

Here are the specs for anybody wondering

Defiance Rebel action
McMillan A-5a 75-25% od-blk
Broughton 5.75 contour 1 in 8tw cut to 26"
Huber 2 stage trigger set at 2#
APA lil bastard brake
APA RTG bottom metal
APA 34mm rings
All the work was done by Jered owner of APA.

I can't say enough about this rifle and how well it shoots
Thanks for all the great replys

Your making my anxiety go through the roof wanting my APA bad thanks hombre for making it possible.Congrats on the win brother.