• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6xc reloading help

6.5creedmoor

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 16, 2013
Tucson, AZ
I just got a new 6xc rifle built and looking to get all the stuff to reload it. This is going to be my main competition rifle so I want to get the best stuff I can for it

I recently started shooting a 6XC and love it. Get some good dies, Norma brass, 105gr Berger Target Hybrids (it's hard as hell to find 115gr DTACs, so just focus on stocking up the hybrids), and all the H4350 you can find. It's a great cartridge that will spoil you when you're at the range: no recoil, flat shooting, super accurate.

I just got a new 6xc rifle built and looking to get all the stuff to reload it. This is going to be my main competition rifle so I want to get the best stuff I can for it

What genre of competition will you partaking in? Dare I say that most people will tell you to get some 105 Berger Hybrids, 105 Hornady HPBTs work for me with H4350, just started testing 115DTACs and they show some promise. Do you need a scope, rings and all that? I see your name and I have to wonder why you didn't have a 6 Creedmoor built instead? Here are some of my beloved 6 Creeds with the BN coated 115DTACs.
7xsBRhf.jpg

I'm running a bushnell hdmr with a h59 on a larue tactical lt104 and I also have a 6.5 cm built too but its my backup gun ill be shooting sniper challenge and prs series tournaments the barrel twist is 1:7.5

Mine shoots Sierra 107's almost equally well with any sane charge of H4350. It tends to shoot tighter groups as the charge weight increases, so I shoot a near max load and it works very well. Of course, I ran out of H4350, so I'm working up H4831SC, which fills the case a bit more. Haven't shot them yet, though.

It is possible but Reloader 17, H4350, 4831 and VvN160 rule 6xc. Loaded right they all work well. Read Tubb and Salazar. Do whatever either suggest.

Yup, H4350 or 4831SC, but as I said, 115gr DTACs are damn near unobtainium right now. I called Tubbs Precision last week to put in an order and the guy said they hadn't received an order of jackets since last November and that they're so backlogged they're not even taking backorders. Man, why did shooting a 6mm become so sexy?

Consider using Winchester 22-250 brass. Runs ~2950fps while fireforming and every bit as accurate as full power formed loads.

Not heart breaking to lose 40¢ brass at matches.