• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

7/08 build finished. ..

7mmRM

Minuteman
Jul 2, 2004
Celestine, Indiana
Took a little extra time over the last couple weeks to spin up my 708. My old one died last year with 4500 on the tube. I used the action for my 6x47 L, so for this one I had to start from scratch! I took some pictures of the build process,but not near everything.

Specs-

Trued Rem 700
Trued bolt, removed factory handle, then timed, and TiGed ona PTG handle.
Badger Lug
Rock 5R, 1-9 twist, M24 contour, finished at 26"
5/8 x24 threaded muzzle
APA Gen2 Little Bastard. (Fuggin awesome brake)
Graphite Black Cerakote
Pillar and glass bedded in an OLD McM A4.
Sponge camo on the stock
Badger M5 DBM
TPS 20 moa rail.
Seekins rings
Bushnell G2DMR

http://i92.photobucket.com/
albums/l39/7mmRM/Mobile%20Uploads/20140609_081026.jpg

5 shots at 100 yards with the old standby load. 162 AMAXs over 47. 5 of H4350

Isaac reuses his A4's a lot, that's probably the 10th action in that stock. We kid him a lot (or at least I do!) about his old A4's, problem is he out shoots us all with them most of the time so what can we say!! Nice group Isaac, Go team SIP!!

Great looking build with a great round. I especially like the fly you killed with your new stick ;-)

Isaac reuses his A4's a lot, that's probably the 10th action in that stock. We kid him a lot (or at least I do!) about his old A4's, problem is he out shoots us all with them most of the time so what can we say!! Nice group Isaac, Go team SIP!!

I figured you would come along and give more shit about the stock! Hahah!

Thats at least the 10th action in that stock!

What COAL is required to kiss the lands? How much are you jumping? Velocity?

47.5gr sounds stout, must be pretty fast.

Nice build! I like that you did the work yourself. Give superformance powder a try.

I may contact you in a couple months as i have a 1/9 Bartlein and 6-digit Remington receiver going to GAP in a week or so. A while back, i started to realize there are chamberings other than .308.

Around my AO there is a paucity of H4350, but IMR 4350 aplenty. Have you ever tried the IMR in 7-08?

I may contact you in a couple months as i have a 1/9 Bartlein and 6-digit Remington receiver going to GAP in a week or so. A while back, i started to realize there are chamberings other than .308.

Around my AO there is a paucity of H4350, but IMR 4350 aplenty. Have you ever tried the IMR in 7-08?

IMR4350 works great in 7mm08. I've found it to go a little faster than H4350 with ~162gr bullets, and great accuracy. Haven't really tested fps/° temp sensitivity though.

gotta say I love reading about 7/08's. And every time I pick up my Model 7 it's like listening to oldies but goodies music!

Mainly recoil. While this brake tames the recoil considerably, its still has considerably more recoil than a braked 6mm. In individual matches such as PRS events, spotting your hit and misses in a wide variety of positions is paramount.

That said, it can certainly be done. I shot my old one in a PRS match a few years ago, and did just fine(top15). As good as this thing is shooting I just may shoot it at the next PRS match I attend. Especially since my 260 is getting a little long in the tooth and my damn 6x47L with a whole 600 down the pipe scrubbed off about 100 fps during/after the recent K&M match.

finished building my 7-08 a couple months ago and it's badass. pushing 175 smk's to 2730 with cfe 223 and just started load development on the 171 barnes and they look promising