• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

7-300 PRC Initial Results - Winner

Was talking about this round today, glad I stumbled onto the thread. I’d be interested in a reamer print too or the name of the company who has it. Thanks for the info!

Was talking about this round today, glad I stumbled onto the thread. I’d be interested in a reamer print too or the name of the company who has it. Thanks for the info!
Load your own dummy round and send it out to get your own reamer. Win win

Load your own dummy round and send it out to get your own reamer. Win win
Like Graham said reamer print is based off what bullet you want to run and jump. Most reamer makers dont make available personal reamer prints that people have requested but they may have created one of their own for the public. I'd call jgs and ask or like Graham said sent in a dummy round.

Reactions: loader
Any updates? I saw that there are new products coming from hornady on the 24th (I think). I'd love to see a 7mm PRC in that line up.

Reactions: jpndave
Any updates? I saw that there are new products coming from hornady on the 24th (I think). I'd love to see a 7mm PRC in that line up.
It's been running well. I dont know what's coming from hornady but when I spoke with them they said if they did a 7prc they would probably change the case dimensions a bit from the 300prc. I'm guessing they will be releasing 6GT brass that George already is selling.

Reactions: jpndave
It's been running well. I dont know what's coming from hornady but when I spoke with them they said if they did a 7prc they would probably change the case dimensions a bit from the 300prc. I'm guessing they will be releasing 6GT brass that George already is selling.

Yup, I think the 6gt is a given. But if there were a 7 PRC that was aimed at the 28 nosler that would be awesome. Even if it were taking on the 6.5prc case/dimentions to compete with the 7 SAUM I'd be a happy camper!

Wow, I had just started trying to work on this wildcat. In 2009 I had started a .30-375 Ruger, crazy exwife, divorce came, sold it all, blahhh, now it's the .300 PRC. So then I get an idea to try to make a .284 lol Let me say, I admire what you did, and the performance is even better than I had expected.

Is Hornady the only source of brass for the 300PRC at the moment? 5 firings on low pressure loads doesn't seem that impressive to me. Another manufacturer producing better brass would probably give the 300PRC an edge in sales.
Yes. Hoping for Laupa, Starline or Peterson to get on board soon. Till then....ugh.

Is this likely to become a round easily attainable to the public?

Is this likely to become a round easily attainable to the public?
I'm not sure your definition of easily obtainable. There are a number of gunsmiths clambering them up now but if you mean a factory offering it will probably be a bit on that if at all.

Gunsmiths involved is great.
is there somewhere specific to go get started in this caliber?

I was really hoping Hornady would have released a 7 prc based off this 300 case at shot this year. Hopefully they will Sammi spec it someday soon. My Kingdom for a decent 7...

I was really hoping Hornady would have released a 7 prc based off this 300 case at shot this year. Hopefully they will Sammi spec it someday soon. My Kingdom for a decent 7...

If you need to move from "decent" 7 to Ultimate Super 7mm overmatch round, @THEIS has some new Hoplite brand rifles coming out hopefully this year and he has several super 7mm versions. Just think what you could do with a 7mm round pushed to somewhere close to 90k PSI or greater....

Sherman Wildcats will have headstamped ADG brass, reamers and dies for a necked down (7mm) 300 PRC in May I believe. Sounds to be very similar

Reactions: tho98027
Sherman Wildcats will have headstamped ADG brass, reamers and dies for a necked down (7mm) 300 PRC in May I believe. Sounds to be very similar
With the performance of his 7 MAX cartridge I’m not sure I’d bother with the 7-300PRC

Last edited:
I have a barrel at the smith as I type, that is being chambered in the 7 Sherman Max. It's ideal I believe.

I'll be curious to hear what the 7mm S Max does?

I was all set to do a 300 Sherman till I heard he had the 280 in the works. It sounds very promising.
Flounder's results are good so the Sherman 280 should be very good with the improved case.
As soon as he gets reamers in I'll be sending one to LRI
Rich told me the ADG head stamped 280 Brass will need to be loaded and fire formed to blow shoulders out to 40.

I'll be curious to hear what the 7mm S Max does?

I was all set to do a 300 Sherman till I heard he had the 280 in the works. It sounds very promising.
Flounder's results are good so the Sherman 280 should be very good with the improved case.
As soon as he gets reamers in I'll be sending one to LRI
Rich told me the ADG head stamped 280 Brass will need to be loaded and fire formed to blow shoulders out to 40.

Just got some of the 30 Sherman brass and it’s standard PRC shape right now. Need to blow the shoulder forward.

I have a 7SS as well and now want one of 28 Sherman’s but a 215 Berger hybrid at 3100 FPS is hard to beat and both should be very close in the real world. If I was starting from the beginning the new 28 Sherman seems to be the best of both worlds.

Just got some of the 30 Sherman brass and it’s standard PRC shape right now. Need to blow the shoulder forward.

I have a 7SS as well and now want one of 28 Sherman’s but a 215 Berger hybrid at 3100 FPS is hard to beat and both should be very close in the real world. If I was starting from the beginning the new 28 Sherman seems to be the best of both worlds.
He just shot the 215s at 3300 with RL33 on 6x brass no pressure or loose pockets

And that's only a 28" barrel

Laugh.out.loud.

My 7-300 is on the way, can’t wait to see what it will do with the 180 ELD! Anyone else spin one of these up yet with some feedback so far?

My 7-300 is on the way, can’t wait to see what it will do with the 180 ELD! Anyone else spin one of these up yet with some feedback so far?

Lol
Excellent accuracy, Jump tolerance and an excellent BC for the 180 grain bullets but can be frustrating watching that trace disappear well before the target and you scratching you head what happened.

Lol
Excellent accuracy, Jump tolerance and an excellent BC for the 180 grain bullets but can be frustrating watching that trace disappear well before the target and you scratching you head what happened.
How far have you stretched it out so far?

those were on my list as well if the ELD’s don’t pan out. Have you tried the 197 smk’s? They are also on my radar.

How does the potential mv compare with the 7-338 and 7-338ai with the heavy 190-195gr 7mm? I was looking to go that route for a while.

The 300prc isnt just a 375ruger necked down, according to ben at hornady. Ive been shooting a full length 7x375 ruger for years. 160gr AB go 3225fps with retumbo and that was close to max.

Contemplating 7-300 PRC versus 7 LRM. I’ve tried to read on these, but I’m a bit jumbled. Things I think I understand. 7 LRM is a necked down 375 Ruger. 300PRC is derived from 375 Ruger and therefore 7-300 PRC would be a second derivative of 375 Ruger. What are the differences in 7-300 PRC and 7 LRM? Shoulder? Neck?? Any real world performance advantages? Brass for 7 LRM isn’t as ”good” as 300PRC from what I gather?

Contemplating 7-300 PRC versus 7 LRM. I’ve tried to read on these, but I’m a bit jumbled. Things I think I understand. 7 LRM is a necked down 375 Ruger. 300PRC is derived from 375 Ruger and therefore 7-300 PRC would be a second derivative of 375 Ruger. What are the differences in 7-300 PRC and 7 LRM? Shoulder? Neck?? Any real world performance advantages? Brass for 7 LRM isn’t as ”good” as 300PRC from what I gather?
7LRM is about .15 shorter in body length so less capacity than the 7/300PRC
You should also look I the 7MAX.

I did some reading on the 7MAX and reviewed some things on it. I might do one in XM action if XLR makes their Element magnesium chassis in that length at some point.

Sounds like a 7-300 PRC for me now. I was planning a Defiance AnTi action, with 26” Bartlein CFW #4 in a XLR Element magnesium with TR2 buttstock. Javelin Bipod (or hopefully Valhalla if it’s out) and topped with a S&B to round out the package. Should make a fun LR hunter.

Ultralight hunter will be 7 SAUM or 7MAX in XLR magnesium (one day if XLR is listening....) XM length with carbon buttstock. AnTi (or maybe Ti action) and Bartlein barrel at 24”. Have an extra S&B 5-20 US waiting for that build. Should be able to stay 8ish pounds. That’ll be my mountain gun for sheep hunting!